The poor souls on the Storm Crackberry page

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an Android forum and that everyone just loooooooooves to bash on other platforms (and I know that is not Android-user specific), but I'm going to need to step in and play the role of the BlackBerry supporter here...

Without getting into a long debate, there are still plenty of things that BlackBerries can do that blow Android's similar functionality out of the water. Yes, there are many many things that the Android OS does better but that still doesn't change it. Want a specific example? The enterprise environment. RIM originally catered their product and all their business objectives towards the business/enterprise environment. And to this day, there is no one that is even in the same league with them on it. In fact, most Android devices to this day are blacklisted from being able to connect to corporate Exchange environments due to the lack of available security methods (thankfully Froyo's enhanced security has helped that but it still isn't anywhere near RIM).

What RIM has designed their devices to do, they do extremely well. And yes, they are missing a ton of things that tech geeks like myself have come to know and love on their advanced devices. But frankly, I don't think RIM cares too much. They've still got the strongest market share and there's a reason for it.

It's for reasons like the one above and many others that I still have an active personal BlackBerry 9700 right along side my Nexus One.

That won't stop RIM from becoming Nokia. They have to innovate their consumer market or lose it.What happens when Google/Apple get to RIM's level in the corporate environment? RIM won't have anything to set them apart...

I'm on CB under this exact name and I was a die hard BlackBerry fan, my first smartphone was a BB 8330 then a 9530....after 2 yrs,I couldn't get off that damn ship fast enough.

I hope for RIM's sake,they can get back in the game...I just won't be looking back to check on them.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
That won't stop RIM from becoming Nokia. They have to innovate their consumer market or lose it.What happens when Google/Apple get to RIM's level in the corporate environment? RIM won't have anything to set them apart...

I'm on CB under this exact name and I was a die hard BlackBerry fan, my first smartphone was a BB 8330 then a 9530....after 2 yrs,I couldn't get off that damn ship fast enough.

I hope for RIM's sake,they can get back in the game...I just won't be looking back to check on them.

RIM all they really need to do is put out a phone thats aimed more for entertainment then corporate. They need to reformat their OS and make it more customizable and have more then one screen. Their OS on the storm was just like having the one screen like the Android app drawer and thats it. Thats what I hated about the Storm 1\2 it had potential, but they kept the same corporate OS and just made it work with touch screen instead.

They keep recycling the same OS for a phone they wanted more geared more towards entertainment, they will not get anywhere.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
RIM all they really need to do is put out a phone thats aimed more for entertainment then corporate. They need to reformat their OS and make it more customizable and have more then one screen. Their OS on the storm was just like having the one screen like the Android app drawer and thats it. Thats what I hated about the Storm 1\2 it had potential, but they kept the same corporate OS and just made it work with touch screen instead.

They keep recycling the same OS for a phone they wanted more geared more towards entertainment, they will not get anywhere.

I agree and I think they need to boost their hardware. OS5 would have ran soooo much better on my Storm with a 1ghz snapdragon or omap processor...The whole OS seems stale,it's just a new rehash of 4.3 with new paint...or so it felt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332