Thunderbolt: Apps that are safe to remove once rooted (and how to put them back!)

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thunderbolt: Apps that are safe to remove once rooted (and ho

Excellent thread. It allowed me to debloat while I wait for the officiaul Gingerbread release for TBolt.

jt122333221

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

If anyone wants to know.. This guide works for the Bionic. :D

I did have some issues with the DLNA.apk, however. After you add .old to it, it would freeze and say you have to force close it. You would not be able to force close it unless you remove the battery and remove the .old from the DLNA.apk. Anyone else have any similar issues?

vwroad87

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello,
Accidentally deleted Friendstream.apk/odex. No problems so far even after multiple reboots. I don't use any social media apps. Anything I need to worry about?

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I deleted
htctwitter.apk -- Peep
and
Flickr.apk Flickr

i thought the htc twitter would still work but it does not.. i tried to reinstall peep using my titanium backup but cant seem to be able to access it ( i see peep in the app list but its dimmed and not able to be selected) the Twitter widget just force closes.... please tell me how i can get it working again. thank you.

genepatterson

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

So, what about photos that get moved to the SD card after root by accident (not sure how it happened)? Can they be moved back? I know they are there as I am able to view thumbnails...

Thanks!

ak2j

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thunderbolt: Apps that are safe to remove once rooted.

Ok, i am trying to move the bloatware and i get this message "WARNING' the selected items cannot be moved because the file system is read-only" what am i doing wrong?

I am using root explorer

BryanaLinn

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Hello.

My boyfriend rooted my Sony Erricson Xperia Pro and he deleted a program that he wasnt suppose to and now my Android will not connect to the computer. Any ideas how to fix my phone? it charges but won't connect to PC companion or medio Go. Thanks!

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

My boyfriend rooted my Sony Erricson Xperia Pro and he deleted a program that he wasnt suppose to and now my Android will not connect to the computer. Any ideas how to fix my phone? it charges but won't connect to PC companion or medio Go. Thanks!

Wrong phone. :)

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i am trying to move the bloatware and i get this message "WARNING' the selected items cannot be moved because the file system is read-only" what am i doing wrong?

I am using root explorer

You need to get a file explorer that allows you to change permissions on the system partition...once you then mount it as read/write it will let you do what you want...I recommend and use Root file explorer from the market.
It does cost some money but it is worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RRA_223

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

You need to get a file explorer that allows you to change permissions on the system partition...once you then mount it as read/write it will let you do what you want...I recommend and use Root file explorer from the market.
It does cost some money but it is worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OR, you might just have to actually acquire superuser permissions in the "settings" folder of whatever file system manager you're using.

For instance, in Super Manager, I have to manually select a box to acquire root permissions before I can rename or delete. If I do not do this, I get a similar error. Depends on the file manager I think.

Dasein

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Removed apps still showing in App Drawer

Hey there.
I just rooted my Thunderbolt yesterday.
Then via Root Explorer I moved some bloat to the sdcard. Two of the apps that I moved are Blockbuster and Rhapsody. But the icons for both of them are still showing up in the App Drawer and Rhapsody is still showing as a running service.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Joe

P.S. It looks like the Rhapsody app that is still running is data/data/com.rhapsody. Is it okay to move it to the sdcard?

Last edited:

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Removed apps still showing in App Drawer

Hey there.
Then via Root Explorer I moved some bloat to the sdcard. Two of the apps that I moved are Blockbuster and Rhapsody. But the icons for both of them are still showing up in the App Drawer and Rhapsody is still showing as a running service.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Joe

P.S. It looks like the Rhapsody app that is still running is data/data/com.rhapsody. Is it okay to move it to the sdcard?

What folder did you take those two apps from?

tjloa69

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Can we use titanium to get rid of the bloat? I've seen a few say that works to. Buy freezing the app?

mcsb11

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Removed apps still showing in App Drawer

Hey there.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Joe

Joe- I had the same exact issue. All you need to do is give the program root access. I used super manager and it was just a matter of opening the program, clicking the menu button on the phone, going to setup and then selecting root. When you go into file manager, itll ask you if you want to give it r/w permissions, say yes