Thunderbolt delayed to April?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should be glad it's delayed. I work for verizon, and the reason we were given for the delay is due to the battery not lasting longer that 4-5 hours. Android batteries die fast already, but that's slightly rediculous!

I just have a hard time believing that only now are they figuring out that the battery is not lasting. Heck they've had prototypes since at least Jan.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You should be glad it's delayed. I work for verizon, and the reason we were given for the delay is due to the battery not lasting longer that 4-5 hours. Android batteries die fast already, but that's slightly rediculous!

You work for verizon huh? I'm glad that Verizon suddenly became all sanctimonious about battery life since it hasn't really been an issue they took seriously in any other phone prior to this.

aupharmd2011

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Def. not true imo. But if it di somehow get delayed, no biggie. I'll get the incredible 2.

yea, I like the looks of the Inc2

anything to not get an iphone, I've been delaying my wife from getting a new phone waiting on this on but I don't think she's gonna hold out much longer

and, IMO, until the TB or Inc2 comes out, that apple is the best they got

she wouldn't care either way, the iphone would be fine for her b/c she won't customize or anything so it won't be any big loss for her except for the fact there's a new one coming out in <6 months

and don't and prob won't have 4g for a good while, but I was hoping to get grandfathering into on of those unlimited 4g plans if they existed

DroidATX

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Since rumors is all we're getting, I just read the following as well....They will announce it today or tomorrow, allow on-line preorders on Monday (3/7) at 3:01am EST. and then sell it in stores on 3/10. If you order it online, you MIGHT get it in the mail on 3/9. I can’t reveal my source, but unless there is another unexpected delay, this phone will be out next week.

Reactions: pgs239

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Since rumors is all we're getting, I just read the following as well....They will announce it today or tomorrow, allow on-line preorders on Monday (3/7) at 3:01am EST. and then sell it in stores on 3/10. If you order it online, you MIGHT get it in the mail on 3/9. I can?t reveal my source, but unless there is another unexpected delay, this phone will be out next week.

This is AWESOME!!! I totally believe you and your double secret source!

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just have a hard time believing that only now are they figuring out that the battery is not lasting. Heck they've had prototypes since at least Jan.

+1

My speculation is that Verizon is waiting on it's 1st half LTE rollout. It would be a huge fail to make a lot of hype about the first LTE powered phone and only have LTE available in around 40 markets. LTE is what they hope will sell the phone.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I found the update on TB when you click on the verizon site for the TB it now says "STIKES SOON" since this was shown to us at CES way back in jan. with coming soon, now it's the begining of Mar. and no news from red except strikes soon this is nothing more than another failure for Big red another phone with a weather name and they cant even give us a release date for this one. "MAY BE SOME ONE AT VERIZON CAN CAN GIVE US A TIME FRAME OF WHAT SOON IS WITH AN IN DEPTH EXPLANATION OF WHAT COMINJG AND STRIKES MEAN"

Reactions: wolfendoc

wolfendoc

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Since rumors is all we're getting, I just read the following as well....They will announce it today or tomorrow, allow on-line preorders on Monday (3/7) at 3:01am EST. and then sell it in stores on 3/10. If you order it online, you MIGHT get it in the mail on 3/9. I can?t reveal my source, but unless there is another unexpected delay, this phone will be out next week.

Show me...oh, and Verizon, you show me too!!

pgs239

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I don't even want to hear the word Thunderbolt unless it's followed by "will finally be released on..." and comes straight from Verizon.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in a few other threads but has anyone noticed the new HTC commercial... at the end of the commercial they display the phone and the date on the phones screen says March 14th. I know HTC has nothing to do with the release date but found that interesting.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in a few other threads but has anyone noticed the new HTC commercial... at the end of the commercial they display the phone and the date on the phones screen says March 14th. I know HTC has nothing to do with the release date but found that interesting.

are you sure its not feb 14?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volkan