Transfer old google music(SAMSUNG S8) TO S10

deep_logic

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm trying to transfer the old music from my S8 to my newer S10. What's cool (don't hate me), all of my old ITUNES music from 10 years ago transferred to my ITUNES on my S10.

Now, I'd like to transfer all of google music from my S8 to my S10 (or my laptop).

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mention "Google music" and "iTunes" -- can you clarify what you mean by that? Are you talking about mp3 files that were saved to your S8 that you want to transfer to your S10? When you mention iTunes, do you mean that you downloaded all of those tracks from iTunes as mp3 files and saved them to your phone? (There's never been any kind of Android sync option for Apple's iTunes.)

deep_logic

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have my old S8 that has a bunch of my google .mp3 music I purchased off of google play. Several hundred files. I want to transfer them to my laptop. My S8 is old and the charge lasts for an hour or so. Frankly, I could keep it on mhy phone, but it always wants to update the OS. I basically use it as a music player, once in a while.
I have a S10 I'd like to transfer the files to, but I don't know if my ITUNES (which my wife subscribes to) will import those .mp3.

Thanks for your input.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Connect your S8 to your PC via USB, then swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification. Make sure File Transfer (or MTP) is selected. Then on the PC, open Windows File Explorer, open the phone storage there, then drag and drop all of the music files to the computer. You can do the reverse with the S10 to transfer those files onto its storage.

As I mentioned, iTunes is not compatible with Android phones. But if the music is saved locally to the computer, you can upload it to YouTube Music and stream it from the cloud any time: https://support.google.com/youtubemusic/answer/9716522?hl=en.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099