Tried and true fix for battery issue

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
this has got to be the the most pathetic thing to do to try and get a battery to perform better. especially if you have to do this every time to 'trick' the battery to perform better. just saying

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
this has got to be the the most pathetic thing to do to try and get a battery to perform better. especially if you have to do this every time to 'trick' the battery to perform better. just saying

Yea no way I'm doing this every time. I just tried it and took 30 min with phone off still I got the green light again. 2nd time 30 secs. Will be interesting how my battery goes today. It was a good find though. Tempted to get my storm out and see what happens with it.

emlod

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
i havent tried this exact trick but i let it mine charge all night last night, woke up, unplugged it. 10 minutes later it said 93% (didnt really touch it) so i plugged it back in (turned on). Waited about 20 minutes for it to say 99% then unplugged. That was about 1.5 hours ago and it still says 98% now with light email usage.

So...obviously something is up. FYI i have the seidio 1700 battery.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When I first take my phone off the charger I notice my battery will drain 10% after 15 min. Then once I plug it back in for about 15 min. The battery doesn't die down nearly as fast

gigatigga

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just to throw in my 2 cents, i actually use an HTC ozone (and its 1500mah battery) to swap out and charge for the incredible. So i use the 1500mah battery until it dies, then i swap to the 1300mah incredible battery while the 1500 charges in the ozone, then i swap them back again. If there was a problem with how the incredible isn't charging the batteries all the way, wouldn't my method of using the ozone to charge the batteries do the same thing that this trick does?

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems I have to do this every time I charge. The light will turn green, but if I unplug it, and plug it back in its red again. This is a frustrating fix, because when I leave for work in the morning, I like to take it off its charger and go. Not sit around waiting for it to "actually" charge back up. If my phone isn't the only one doing this though, I suppose its a software issue.

Yours is definitely not the only one. My concern though is that it isn't a software issue, but an issue with the charging circuitry. Especially since I read another post saying this didn't work when plugged into a usb on a laptop.

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

I agree. And unless someone has tested each step individually, it's probably not doing anything useful for your phone.

I turn mine off to charge when I go to sleep at night (I realize this is not an option for some people). That has greatly improved my batter life. I'm not doing this battery rain dance everyone's going on about.:rolleyes:

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Or as I have said multiple times over, Just turn your phone OFF then charge it. I'm not trying to come across rude but am just trying to save you guys the hassle. Seriously, who wants to do a 5 step method just to charge your cell phone?? And their will be some that say they need their phone for an alarm, I say go to wal mart and spend the $13 on an actual alarm clock.
I turn it OFF and put my phone on the charger when I go to bed around 10:10pm give or take, then when I wake up around 7:30am give or take I unplug it, turn it on and it lasts me the entire day. I wouldn't say I enthrall my self in the phone all day but I do use it pretty frequently and have ZERO battery issues.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Or as I have said multiple times over, Just turn your phone OFF then charge it. I'm not trying to come across rude but am just trying to save you guys the hassle. Seriously, who wants to do a 5 step method just to charge your cell phone?? And their will be some that say they need their phone for an alarm, I say go to wal mart and spend the $13 on an actual alarm clock.
I turn it OFF and put my phone on the charger when I go to bed around 10:10pm give or take, then when I wake up around 7:30am give or take I unplug it, turn it on and it lasts me the entire day. I wouldn't say I enthrall my self in the phone all day but I do use it pretty frequently and have ZERO battery issues.

It's easy for one to say this but some people have to keep their phone on constantly overnight for late night calls for business (i.e. on call 24/7) or important emails on a business email.

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
It's easy for one to say this but some people have to keep their phone on constantly overnight for late night calls for business (i.e. on call 24/7) or important emails on a business email.

I understand. Luckily for me thats not the case. But for all those who dont need to I STRONGLY suggest this. It is the most simple solution to our battery issues.

ecksit

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this does not work (at least for me)

If anything it made it worse. Unplugged turned off red light green light blah blah... doesn't do a thing. Left for work, and I kid you not, 30 minutes later I unlocked my phone for the first time since it has been unplugged to check the time.... and I was at 76% battery life.

Checked my signal strength, its at -84dbm. Which shouldn't be too bad.

Defective? Normal? Overreacting?

Frustrating for sure.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
This seems to have worked for me. I did it through three cycles this morning and have been using the phone heavily today (including using Navigation) and it still has over 50% left. Obviously it isn't something I would want to do every day but it definitely works and will be good for when I know that I'm going to be away from a charger for a while.

And to the poster above who said to just turn the phone off at night and charge it, I have done that and it hasn't improved battery life for me (versus charging with it on). This HAS definitely increased battery life significantly, though.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
This is upsetting to hear from everyone. It seems like a fix that we shouldn't need to perform in order to get the best performance from our phones. I hope something is done by HTC to allow our phones to charge properly without needing to play with charging cycles. If its a hardware issue I hope they replace the defective phones.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I can say that this works for me. Before I couldn't go half a day without the battery being dead. Now after doing this, I've gotten through most of the day and my battery is now at 50% and its almost 8pm. It's helped me so ill continue to do this.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I did a normal charge last night after testing. So far I'm at 4 hours 27 minutes and I've only dropped to 70%. Didn't use my phone for much of web surfing today but I did play a podcast for ~2.5 hours today. It seems this thing is doing "magically" better after that first initial battery "trick". We will see this week when my web time picks back up during the week I believe but I do think I'll be seeing at least an additional 1-2 hours of battery after this.

howarmat why are you so negative on this? I understand you bought an extension battery, and while I'm not getting the supposed 12-14+ hours you are getting on it, making my phone stretch out to 10-12 hours on a stock battery is a good deal. Like I said still not exactly assured this is working but over last night and today it sure seems to be working.

Just to clarify I did do a normal battery charge between going to bed last night and using it today. And I'm still not 100% positive this is adding to daily battery life but it sure seems like it.

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
This worked in a big way for me, I think it's definatly a bug that needs to be fixed. But I'm glad to have this for when I'm not going to be near a charger for a long time.

2 nights ago I went on a 2.5 hour bike ride using cardiotrianer (gps) and listening to music, I started at 90% battery and it died 10 min before I got home.

Tonight (using this method) I went for 3 hours started at 100% and when I got home I was still at 68%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos