UBreakiFix

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a Google authorized repair facility. However, repairs are not guaranteed and Google does not cover the repairs. Case in point:

A Google Fi member had his screen replaced (Pixel 6 Pro). He later accidently dropped it in a kiddie pool and the water seeped in. Google Fi refused replacement stating a screen replacement by UBreakiFix was not longer certified as IP68 water resistant. I had an issue with a bloated battery in a Pixel 3 XL. Google help appeared to be ready to remedy the situation until they realized that I had bought it from Google Fi. Moral of the story, do not buy from Google Fi. Buy directly from Google if you want good customer service!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had my 3XL battery expand. It was purchased through Google Fi and I had purchased the insurance add-on. I contacted Google Fi and the rep asked if I could send a photo. I did. Fi immediately sent me a 3XL replacement via Next Day Air. They sent me a prepaid return label for the damaged phone and all was good. This was a year and a half ago. I've never had a problem with Google Fi support. I've been with Google Fi since 2015.

Both my Pixel 6 Pro and my wife's Pixel 6 Pro were purchased on the Google Fi site. The orders were processed and shipped from the Google Store.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but my phone was about 2 months past warranty. And that really doesn't address the other person's issue using a Google repair facility. And that does sound like a 3 XL defect to me.....

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
We always add the extended warranty with full coverage and we update to new phones before the warranty expires. We're never out of warranty. We need reliable, continuous coverage. Obviously, if you are out of warranty, you're totally on your own.

I can only relate my own experience and the story told about an anonymous forum member can only be just a story.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If possible, I would always try to get Google to fix an issue first, even if you pay a charge. My Pixel 4 XL had battery charging problems within the warranty period. I first went to ubreakifix and they were going to charge $100+ to replace the battery. I contact Google and they replaced the phone for free. Only downside is I had to send in the phone and they "verified" the issue and sent a replacement. Good, as long as you have a back up phone to cover the several weeks Google is receiving then sending a new phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I had my 3XL screen repaired with them. About 2 weeks later the battery swelled and became unusable. Not saying this is typical of their service.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Let me share my tale of my latest experience with UBreakiFix. I have a Pixel 6 Pro that I'm making device payments on through Verizon. I purchased the $11 and some change Asurion monthly coverage. Two weeks ago I was going to bed and had the phone on the night stand and it fell off. A total of 2.5 feet of a fall. I didn't think anything of it because I have. Rhinoshield case for my phone. The next day my partner and I are out for an afternoon walk and while I'm stopped in direct sunlight I can see that an impact crack has occurred in the lower left hand of the phone next to the speaker. Then all along the left side of the phone is a hairline crack forming. My immediate thought was "ugh great." Then I remember I have Asurion! I call them up and set up an appoint at my local UBreakiFix store. I go and the guy tells me to come back in 2 hours because they've got a lot of people ahead of me. Okay cool fine. Two hours later I go back and at this time they're about to close for the day, 5 minutes till. I get my phone back and I have to enter my passcode because it was shut off. I enter the passcode and lock my phone and attempt to unlock with the fingerprint scanner. However the FPS is no longer working. Please see my previous post about it here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-6-pixel-6-pro/1044627-fingerprint-scanner-no-longer-working.html#post7071073. Then two days ago while at work and in direct sunlight I notice something looks different about my front camera. It looks as if theres a screen protector with an air bubble where the front camera is supposed to be. Upon further examination I discover that the camera isn’t even attached! I open the camera app and switch to the front camera only to be met with a black staticy screen. I call Asurion again and they tell me I have to go back to the local shop and have them do a "re-work order". I just got my phone back yesterday and finally both the FPS and front facing camera are now working again.

NEVER BUYING ASURION AGAIN

The next Pixel I purchase I'm purchasing Pixel Pass instead!

#rant over

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Let me share my tale of my latest experience with UBreakiFix. I have a Pixel 6 Pro that I'm making device payments on through Verizon. I purchased the $11 and some change Asurion monthly coverage. Two weeks ago I was going to bed and had the phone on the night stand and it fell off. A total of 2.5 feet of a fall. I didn't think anything of it because I have. Rhinoshield case for my phone. The next day my partner and I are out for an afternoon walk and while I'm stopped in direct sunlight I can see that an impact crack has occurred in the lower left hand of the phone next to the speaker. Then all along the left side of the phone is a hairline crack forming. My immediate thought was "ugh great." Then I remember I have Asurion! I call them up and set up an appoint at my local UBreakiFix store. I go and the guy tells me to come back in 2 hours because they've got a lot of people ahead of me. Okay cool fine. Two hours later I go back and at this time they're about to close for the day, 5 minutes till. I get my phone back and I have to enter my passcode because it was shut off. I enter the passcode and lock my phone and attempt to unlock with the fingerprint scanner. However the FPS is no longer working. Please see my previous post about it here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-6-pixel-6-pro/1044627-fingerprint-scanner-no-longer-working.html#post7071073. Then two days ago while at work and in direct sunlight I notice something looks different about my front camera. It looks as if theres a screen protector with an air bubble where the front camera is supposed to be. Upon further examination I discover that the camera isn’t even attached! I open the camera app and switch to the front camera only to be met with a black staticy screen. I call Asurion again and they tell me I have to go back to the local shop and have them do a "re-work order". I just got my phone back yesterday and finally both the FPS and front facing camera are now working again.

NEVER BUYING ASURION AGAIN

The next Pixel I purchase I'm purchasing Pixel Pass instead!

#rant over
UBreakiFix is Google's official approved repair partner or such. So if you buy Google's phone insurance that is where you'll have to take it. There may be one other, not sure.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
UBreakiFix is Google's official approved repair partner or such. So if you buy Google's phone insurance that is where you'll have to take it. There may be one other, not sure.

That's unfortunate. Is there any guarantee that the phones services by them are still water resistant? Not that I intended to submurge my phone in water but just curious.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
That's unfortunate. Is there any guarantee that the phones services by them are still water resistant? Not that I intended to submurge my phone in water but just curious.

Yeah that's always a concern. I often think twice about buying a used phone as one can't ever be sure the battery or screen hasn't been replaced at some point.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@Smokeaire01, UBreakiFix is the approved repair center, but, as I mentioned, you may have the option of sending it back to Google for repair. That would always be by preferred option, and why I also keep my last phone as a temporary replacement if need since Google will take a couple weeks.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
@Smokeaire01, UBreakiFix is the approved repair center, but, as I mentioned, you may have the option of sending it back to Google for repair. That would always be by preferred option, and why I also keep my last phone as a temporary replacement if need since Google will take a couple weeks.
I've sent several phones back to Google for repair or replacement. Google replaced the phones very quickly, I used my Pixel 4a while the phones were in transit. That is my preferred method.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak