Ultra compared to Note 9 size?

MichaelDiggs

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
I think my Note 10+ isn't wide enough for the height, and now Samsung made their new flagship even less wide. You literally can't even view a youtube video on the Note 10+ now without turning the phone. If Samsung made that S20 Ultra just a hair wider I may be interested. Who thinks that is a problem?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the Huawei design being the best thus far. With regards to an SPen capable foldable the displays will need to get much stronger to handle the pressure.

I agree about Huawei's superb design skills. Their Honor brand has great design, as well.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
We are talking about phone size

Sure

And you talked about the phone size of the Huawei too.

And when it comes to phone size.
Its terrible hard for me to understand why everybody is so hard on a phone being a 1/8 of a inch longer and maybe a tiny bit thicker.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sure

And you talked about the phone size of the Huawei too.

And when it comes to phone size.
Its terrible hard for me to understand why everybody is so hard on a phone being a 1/8 of a inch longer and maybe a tiny bit thicker.
I was referring to the Huawei design of the folding device not it's size.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is the U.S. ever gonna allow Huawei to sell phones in the U.S. ?

I've never seen or held a Huawei phone.
So when you talk of a Huawei phone.
I can't compare it to anything.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think my Note 10+ isn't wide enough for the height, and now Samsung made their new flagship even less wide. You literally can't even view a youtube video on the Note 10+ now without turning the phone. If Samsung made that S20 Ultra just a hair wider I may be interested. Who thinks that is a problem?

I had been saying this since they changed the aspect ratio and they are continuing to change it making it longer so more black bars for 16:9 videos

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Is the U.S. ever gonna allow Huawei to sell phones in the U.S. ?

I've never seen or held a Huawei phone.
So when you talk of a Huawei phone.
I can't compare it to anything.

I don't see it happening anytime soon since the US has officially launched charges against Huawei.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Way too big for me. It becomes an inconvenience to lug around.

One-handability has actually become a feature to me. But I don't like mentioning it because sooner or later, the OEMs may catch on and try charging us for the feature of being a normal sized phone that isn't annoying to use.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've never enjoyed video while in portrait mode even on old school devices, but I understand your concern as it was more viewable

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
One-handability has actually become a feature to me. But I don't like mentioning it because sooner or later, the OEMs may catch on and try charging us for the feature of being a normal sized phone that isn't annoying to use.
It's a constant battle for me, my ageing eyes appreciate the larger screen but my hands and pocket like the smaller form factor.

I have the standard S10 (love that cardinal red!) And a OP7 pro. The S10 is terrific in the hand but the OP is nicer to view content on.

I think the S20+ is the best size, it just sucks that you lose on the camera side. Don't care for the 100x but just have a feeling the overall camera experience will be better on the ultra.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Seems that ultra has the bigger sensor but the non-ultra have the larger pixels (ignoring pixel binning)

Therefore depending on how well the binning works I'd guess that general photos will either be slightly better or slightly worse.