Unfortunately, your bluetooth has stopped. How do I fix this?

A

AC Question

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 (upgraded last month from the S4), I have recently receive tthe Unortunately, your bluetooth has stopped message. I primarily only use bluetooth in my car (2014 Mazda 3)

Over the last few days my bluetooth keeps rebooting. Phone disconnected then connects again, lasts for a couple minutes then disconnects again and kicks back on. Every couple minutes this happens and my phone wil sy Unforuntely, your bluetooth has stopped.

I have tried unpairing and repairing as well as trying the BLE Crash Resolver App. Nothing has worked. How can I fix this?

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Just got the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Paired it with my BMW and got the 'Unfortunately Bluetooth stopped working' every other minute until i was going insane!

Tried uninstalling all apps. Re-pairing. Booting into safe mode. Nothing worked.

Finally tried wiping cache as described by B. Diddy. That worked! I was one step away from a full factory reset! Thanks for the help!

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Still having the same issues, opened it in safe mode kept happening. Wiped the cache multiple times, with and without pairing and unpairing and still having the same problems/

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Still having the same issues, opened it in safe mode kept happening. Wiped the cache multiple times, with and without pairing and unpairing and still having the same problems/

Do you also have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (Edge) or is this a general Android problem?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! So in Safe Mode, you still get an "Unfortunately Bluetooth stopped working" error? That would make me concerned about a firmware glitch, or possibly a hardware defect. Has the phone received any system updates?

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So in Safe Mode, you still get an "Unfortunately Bluetooth stopped working" error? That would make me concerned about a firmware glitch, or possibly a hardware defect. Has the phone received any system updates?

Yes. still happens in safe mode and still happens when I tried to wipe the cache partition.

I did run a few updates (PRL, Firmware), but did that after I had the problem initially.

When I get the Bluetooth has stopped working message, the Bluetooth on my phone goes off and then kicks right back on and I re-connect.

I remember seeing somewhere (don't remember where) that there is something like 1,990 Bluetooth pairings before it gets overloaded or something like that. I only really connect to my car, but if it comes across that amount of connections. I never had any Bluetooth connection problems with the s$ I had previous to the S6, but I did the smart switch app connection to move all my contacts, data, etc over from the S4 to S6. Wondering if I was close to that 1,990 limit when I moved it over since I had the S4 for two years, and all the Bluetooth stuff went over as well. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but trying to figure out anything to fix this or why it happened so I don't have to do a factory data reset,

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes. still happens in safe mode and still happens when I tried to wipe the cache partition.

I did run a few updates (PRL, Firmware), but did that after I had the problem initially.

When I get the Bluetooth has stopped working message, the Bluetooth on my phone goes off and then kicks right back on and I re-connect.

I remember seeing somewhere (don't remember where) that there is something like 1,990 Bluetooth pairings before it gets overloaded or something like that. I only really connect to my car, but if it comes across that amount of connections. I never had any Bluetooth connection problems with the s$ I had previous to the S6, but I did the smart switch app connection to move all my contacts, data, etc over from the S4 to S6. Wondering if I was close to that 1,990 limit when I moved it over since I had the S4 for two years, and all the Bluetooth stuff went over as well. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but trying to figure out anything to fix this or why it happened so I don't have to do a factory data reset,

I just discovered that my problem is still there. Bluetooth keeps turning off and on with the message 'unfortunately Bluetooth stopped working' every 5 minutes or so.

I didn't have any such problems before and i didn't migrate my contacts with any smart switch app. So i doubt that has anything to do with it.

So the wiping of cache didn't solve the problem 😠

I'm now going to do a full factory reset. ... I'll keep you updated how it goes.

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I just discovered that my problem is still there. Bluetooth keeps turning off and on with the message 'unfortunately Bluetooth stopped working' every 5 minutes or so.

I didn't have any such problems before and i didn't migrate my contacts with any smart switch app. So i doubt that has anything to do with it.

So the wiping of cache didn't solve the problem 😠

I'm now going to do a full factory reset. ... I'll keep you updated how it goes.

I'm getting close to doing that also. Might see if I can transfer everything back to my old phone, do the reset, then transfer back to see if that works, but not sure if it would fix the problem. I use my phone for work also, so have things on there I don't want to lose.

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Well I fixed it, though not the way I had in mind. I dropped my phone going to pick up dry cleaning yesterday and shattered the screen. Destroyed my phone. Replacement received, $200 deductible later problem fixed...

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I did a full factory reset now, and have been testing the phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) for a few days.

I'm glad to say that the problem I originally had is gone. The phone used to stop the Bluetooth every 3 or 5 minutes with the message"unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped". That doesn't happen any more.

I have installed the same apps that I had before. No problem.

However. I have now another Bluetooth related problem: the phone sometimes simply won't connect. I get into the car (BMW from 2011 with the latest software updates) but the phone doesn't connect. I try searching with the cars menu. Nothing. Then I restart the phone and immediately it connects.

This connection problem doesn't happen every time though. I haven't tested it long enough to see a pattern yet.

I don't know where or what this points to. Firmware? Hardware? Any ideas?

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Well I fixed it, though not the way I had in mind. I dropped my phone going to pick up dry cleaning yesterday and shattered the screen. Destroyed my phone. Replacement received, $200 deductible later problem fixed...

I'm close to hope that I drop mine too!

Please write if your problem comes back, as that would point to something else than the phone!

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm close to hope that I drop mine too!

Please write if your problem comes back, as that would point to something else than the phone!

GRRRRRRRR I'm sure you can guess what that means.

Noticed it driving home from work last night. Was hoping it was just interference from the weather causing it as I was going home shortly after a round of nasty storms rolled through and there was still some lightning, but problem continued this morning going to work without a cloud in the sky.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with the Galaxy S6 and a 2013 Honda Civic. Connects disconnects connects disconnects connects disconnects - and messages don't show up on car screen like they use to.

Latest posting a week ago and there is no fix it seems.

This is a safety issue, as I find myself tinkering with my phone more while driving with this problem.

By the way, I got this phone about 20 days ago. DUMB reason to demand a new one since it's under warranty but I WILL if this keeps up.

Wonder if it's a hardware issue or software issue.

And I was on the phone with a Samsung guy today, gave him my phone number in case we got disconnected - asked him twice to call me right back if we got disconnected - we got disconnected and the moron did not call me back.

TJacks521

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Might have found a solution.

One of the things I noticed when I was having the connect, re-connect issue is I didn't have access to my text messages. I didn't think much of it, thought it had to do with taking longer to connect to the texts or something and just disconnected before it got to that point

Anyway I was playing around with pair and re-pair yesterday and when I did it had some other error message on my phone when I tried to connect it to my texts and it didn't allow me to for some reason. Drove home from work with no problem. Then tried to repair with my texts and got disconnected again. Re-paired again this time without connecting the texts and drove to work with no issues.

I am going to re-connect to the texts (without re-pairing) today before I go home from work to see if that works. If I get the same error will put my texts on automatic delete once it goes past a certain amount. I don't, have thousands of texts in there and thinking that might be the culprit, too many texts to connect and it just throws everything off when it tries to connect.

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I thought my problem had gone, as I wrote in June.

I did a full factory reset, and the problem went away.

Yesterday it suddenly came back all of a sudden. I had not upgraded or installed apps.

The phone (samsung galaxy S6 edge) connects and disconnects from my car every 3 minutes or so, and there is an asynchronous message saying "Unfortunately, Bluetooth has stopped working".

I think I've established that the problem is not with the car, which has the latest software. After all the problem went away with the factory reset of the phone.

I'm now going to return the phone for repair, and I'm not going to settle for factory reset from the repair. That only postpones the problem, apparently.

jdub412

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having this same issue with my Galaxy S5 and 2013 Honda Civic.

I cleared the cache partition, tried safe mode, deleted all downloaded apps... BLE Crash Resolve app didn't do anything either.

My phone works fine with all other bluetooth devices I've tried including a Bose sound system and a HimBox Bluetooth receiver for cars.

I tried everything including deleting all other bluetooth devices from my phone, unpairing and repairing my phone with the car, etc.

I love music and have particular tastes - I bought this phone (and my car with Bluetooth) so I could play my music. Instead, I'm left with error messages that dangerously distract me while driving.

M Skak

May 31, 2015
Visit site
My problem reoccurred at the same time as I began getting some very annoying messages about profile sharing.

I did not want to share my profile, so I dismissed the message, but it kept coming back.

After researching a bit on this issue, I found out that there is a possibility to completely delete the profile sharing. You have to go through Contacts, click your own contact (top of the list) click More, and look for the possibility to delete profile sharing account. Search the Internet for a guide.

I did that, and voila... my phone is working again.

You've got nothing to loose, but if it helps, post results here to help others in the same situation.

Cush8711

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I was having this same exact issue with a galaxy s6 and 2014 mazda 6. I tried everything else out there that I have read including clearing the Bluetooth cache, booting to boot menu and clearing cache there, even a factory reset. A factory reset worked for a couple weeks then I was back again. After reading something in this thread it sparked an idea. I unpaired the phone from the car and deleted the connection on both sides. When repairing and asked if I wanted to allow access to my messages I said no but said yes to contacts and phone log. It has been working now for a couple days straight with no issues. So there is some sort of issue with syncing messages on the s6. I don't really care to have it off as I rarely use it anyways. I just would always mark yes for the heck of it. Hope this helps some others as it drove me crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam