Unlimited Data is back

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, for now with my Android 5.0 device and the new UDP plan the hotspot data usage is tracked only on the phone (SETTINGS> DATA USAGE> Android Tethering).

I'm a FoxFi user and never checked to see if this Android Tethering was showing while I was using the old grandfathered UDP

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I am now 2 months in and I can confirm the jetpack acts like a separate unlimited line. We live where there are no wired options for high speed internet, which sucks but it's also good now because the towers are never crowded so we're never deprioritized. The last few months we have put 50-70 GB on the jetpack line at 4g speeds.
Also, my bill dropped about $70 a month because, with the jetpack, I had 4 lines sharing a 50 GB plan.

This is not correct. It is being implemented at a slow pace. At some point you will be throttled.

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Even if it's optimized at 22 GB the jetpack is still treated like the other unlimited lines and not like tethering from a phone, which is a drop to 3g after 10 GB. No wonder everyone is so confused by this. People commenting on what they think instead of listening to people who actually know.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Even if it's optimized at 22 GB the jetpack is still treated like the other unlimited lines and not like tethering from a phone, which is a drop to 3g after 10 GB. No wonder everyone is so confused by this. People commenting on what they think instead of listening to people who actually know.

Verizon themselves, as well as in corporate training, state that the MiFi is throttled to 3G after 10GB of LTE, it just hasn't kicked in for most people. I'd love for it to never kick in, but as of right now, the terms allow it to be throttled in the future.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Because Verizon corporate is saying it shouldn't be that way.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon themselves, as well as in corporate training, state that the MiFi is throttled to 3G after 10GB of LTE, it just hasn't kicked in for most people. I'd love for it to never kick in, but as of right now, the terms allow it to be throttled in the future.

To clarify Verizon said 512kbps. I dropped my phone to 3g and got about 2mbps. So the throttling will be about a quarter of the 3g speed that i got. And this is significant especially because 2mbps is adequate to watch videos in decent quality. 512kbps is not

9aa27628e30e5a059bc273a750dce466.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To clarify Verizon said 512kbps. I dropped my phone to 3g and got about 2mbps. So the throttling will be about a quarter of the 3g speed that i got. And this is significant especially because 2mbps is adequate to watch videos in decent quality. 512kbps is not

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170412/9aa27628e30e5a059bc273a750dce466.jpg

Did they? AT&T is the only one that I can recall off the top of my head saying "10 GB then speeds to 128Kbps" -- Verizon just said they will drop your speeds to 3G from 4GLTE speeds for the rest of that cycle.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did they? AT&T is the only one that I can recall off the top of my head saying "10 GB then speeds to 128Kbps" -- Verizon just said they will drop your speeds to 3G from 4GLTE speeds for the rest of that cycle.

Hmmm..I remember reading it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So my data plan just rolled over today and I noticed a weird issue.

I still have old UDP line. I have been thinking about switching for the savings.

My data hit 17.85 GB last month but stopped there. The last 5 days it stayed there. I watched many videos and played many games during that last 5 days however the VZW app stayed the same, 17.85 gb. Same exact thing if I logged online into my account. No clue why.

The other lines we have on the new 22 gb plans all showed correctly. They would reflect/update data use after about an hour.

This morning is the first day of new month. Going to watch Netflix and see what happens. I was trying to see how much data I actually used to see if switching would work out but now not so sure it's safe to do so. I have no idea how much data I used last month but guarantee it was over 17.85 GB.

Anyone else have this happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas