UPDATE THE LINK IS LIVE 6/20 *** Sprint Premier Customers Can Buy Evo 3D NOW !!!

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
O.O ok, this sorta peeves me off really... i JUST went to freaking radio shack to pre-order the Evo 3D and now come to find i could have gotten it nearly 1 ta 2 days EARLIER than the actual launch?!.... This makes me seriously want to call up sprint, and ask them if it works for radio shack pre-orders as well >.<

shaungilmer

May 14, 2010
shaungilmer.com
Pre-loaded with Green Hornet?

Will this come preloaded with the Green Hornet movie liked Radio Shack has advertised? I have called sprint and not even supervisors now if their shipments will.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Will this come preloaded with the Green Hornet movie liked Radio Shack has advertised? I have called sprint and not even supervisors now if their shipments will.

I could call my cousin and find out? he's manager at my local sprint, and would probably know. i'm actually about to try calling him to find out about the radio shack pre-order situation >.>

EJG

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I asked about the probability of this situation when I pre-ordered at BB and they told me it wouldn't be a problem if I had the receipt when I went to return the gift card. Also, I thought I could possibly sell my spot on the BB pre-order but that would be profiting off of my community therefore bad, right?

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I asked about the probability of this situation when I pre-ordered at BB and they told me it wouldn't be a problem if I had the receipt when I went to return the gift card. Also, I thought I could possibly sell my spot on the BB pre-order but that would be profiting off of my community therefore bad, right?

I just emailed my cousin (he's currently busy with quite a few customers from what he said on the phone) so hopefully i'll get an answer sometime soon XD

But what do you mean about the BB pre-order? as in if you got it online you could just return the gift card? Sadly, i wouldn't be able to do such a thing, cause it says right on the receipt "non refundable" so i'm stuck with the 50 dollar gift card even if i dont get the phone >.> which, if i had an addition 100 bucks it wouldn't be that big of a deal, cause i could buy quite a few other things with that card XD but since i dont have an extra 100 dollars just laying around (literally sold quite alot of precious items on ebay just to get 183 dollars, and i still dont have the full total yet >.>) i can't just go online and buy it again.. but, i could simply do like you said, and sell the spot to someone.. except that radio shack has my name, account number, phone number, and all that jazz on the receipt.. so i'm assuming they just scan the lovely bar code or whatever on the receipt, and it sends some sorta signal to sprint saying that my phone is allowed on the network and and auto links to the account or something (then again, i'm just saying some random crap just for the sake of it XD).

but in any case, i dont think selling my "spot" with the pre-order would work thanks to my personal information being on the required receipt for pick up >.>;;

as for profiting from the community, idk XD id say if they were to just pay for 50 bucks that you already paid to the place, then its the same as them doing the preorder >.>; but as i said, i know mine has all my personal crap on it, and idk about best buy..

merchman437

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have bought 2 phones from sprint.com. They ship nextday air. No deliveries on the weekend. If you order at 00:01 on the 21st. You will have it on the 22nd

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just emailed my cousin (he's currently busy with quite a few customers from what he said on the phone) so hopefully i'll get an answer sometime soon XD

But what do you mean about the BB pre-order? as in if you got it online you could just return the gift card? Sadly, i wouldn't be able to do such a thing, cause it says right on the receipt "non refundable" so i'm stuck with the 50 dollar gift card even if i dont get the phone >.> which, if i had an addition 100 bucks it wouldn't be that big of a deal, cause i could buy quite a few other things with that card XD but since i dont have an extra 100 dollars just laying around (literally sold quite alot of precious items on ebay just to get 183 dollars, and i still dont have the full total yet >.>) i can't just go online and buy it again.. but, i could simply do like you said, and sell the spot to someone.. except that radio shack has my name, account number, phone number, and all that jazz on the receipt.. so i'm assuming they just scan the lovely bar code or whatever on the receipt, and it sends some sorta signal to sprint saying that my phone is allowed on the network and and auto links to the account or something (then again, i'm just saying some random crap just for the sake of it XD).

but in any case, i dont think selling my "spot" with the pre-order would work thanks to my personal information being on the required receipt for pick up >.>;;

as for profiting from the community, idk XD id say if they were to just pay for 50 bucks that you already paid to the place, then its the same as them doing the preorder >.>; but as i said, i know mine has all my personal crap on it, and idk about best buy..

i returned both my BB Evo 3d pre-order gift cards. Full refund.

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
This device would arrive fully activated right? Man it was a nightmare waiting for the Sprint Activation Servers on the Evo 4G launch day. That alone is very compelling.....

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
This device would arrive fully activated right? Man it was a nightmare waiting for the Sprint Activation Servers on the Evo 4G launch day. That alone is very compelling.....

oh wow, rather good point there... would they already be activated pretty much if pre-ordered through BB or Radio Shack? to be honest, i've never actually gotten a phone on release day >.>; and since my cousin is the manager at the sprint store here, he's usually the one who gets my phone and does all the activation crap for it, so i wouldn't know exactly what to do XD.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No it will not arrive activated and rumor is they will not activate until the 24th. (ordering early through sprint).
BB and RS have to activate in store, not sure about sprint.

@ Hikari why didn't you order from your cousin? not very nice lol. And don't be mad at Sprint for doing a nice thing.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Most phones ordered through sprint is not pre-activated. The only ones I know of are new accounts. That means you wouldn't be able to use your current phone till your new one comes in? Which doesn't make sense and would probably cause a lot of complaints.

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
go sprint! they are the best with customer service, i had an early upgrade that i used like 2 months ago and i got another full upgrade just today so i can use it towards the evo 3d. not to mention, being a premier customer- i purchased the nexus s 4g outright because of my upgrading capabilities at the time however they said they were going to attach it to my billing statement, i asked them today what was going on- they said im all paid up, i only paid 100$ for my nexus s...haha i guess they love their customers!

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
go sprint! they are the best with customer service, i had an early upgrade that i used like 2 months ago and i got another full upgrade just today so i can use it towards the evo 3d. not to mention, being a premier customer- i purchased the nexus s 4g outright because of my upgrading capabilities at the time however they said they were going to attach it to my billing statement, i asked them today what was going on- they said im all paid up, i only paid 100$ for my nexus s...haha i guess they love their customers!

are you on a family plan of any sort? that sounds crazy that they'd give you two upgrade pricings w/in months of each other.

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
nope! its just me on the plan, ontop of a 20% discount i didnt even ask for...i just found out all this crap today, i love good news!

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i think maybe because ive had the evo since launch date june 4th 2010 and its alrdy past that day this year.. but using an early upgrade should affect me (i think?)

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the point :p But I do wonder who they ship through. The whole doorstep thing is company dependent. FedEx once had the brains to leave my brand new $2000 laptop sitting in the outside doorway to my apartment, so anything is possible. They are pretty terrible in my area especially at my current apartment. They don't like to deliver the package to the office if I'm not home, so I end up having to drive an hour to the nearest location. UPS, however, always delivers perfectly for me and they have a location 5 minutes away.

I can see many who would not want it left w/o a signature but I'm a 5 minute walk from work to condo so I'd much rather them leave it so I can run home and pick it up....I've had a hell of a time before on something signature required trying to track down the package.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Similar dilemma on trip time coinciding with launch date, and I pre-ordered through Sprint. I'm debating on whether I'd be better off ordering online (and having my roommate track the mail) or waiting till I get back to order from the store. The thing is, I won't be able to use it till I get back either way. Would I have a better chance avoiding phones being sold out online or in stores? Which occurred faster with the Evo last year?

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have ordered atleast 8 phones on sprint online, i would have to say 7 out of 8 came the next day. I just set reminder on my evo and I shall order mine asap. I will try first right at midnight. Lol

EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol