Updated and lost root? 1 click root is working

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It says I do not have root access. should I run this one click again?

thanks again.

Blechh... You can try... but see the exchange I literally am having right now in the other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...784-will-bionic-rooted-eventually-update.html

I think you guys are not going to get there with 1-click, but I think you have a good chance if you try the "last resort" method of mine.

EDIT: To everyone else up in this thread who have rooted with this method, would you also download Root Checker and see what the result is? Want to see if it is isolated to a couple guys or if this method is overall just going to give temporary root access and not full in the long run.. thank you!

Last edited:

Hokuto_Man

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my bionic on monday with petes one click..didnt know about this update..installed update and lost root..i did a device reset like the original poster said ..then i did the one click method mentioned in the original post and i have root again on my bionic 5.5.893..thank you to all the people posting their knowledge..i'm kinda noob to rooting and without the info here i'd be lost..thanks again..

oops i think i got threads mixed..lol..i've been reading so much i got 2 different threads mixed on this forum..at any rate..much thanks to all who have helped..

Last edited:

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Blechh... You can try... but see the exchange I literally am having right now in the other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...784-will-bionic-rooted-eventually-update.html

I think you guys are not going to get there with 1-click, but I think you have a good chance if you try the "last resort" method of mine.

EDIT: To everyone else up in this thread who have rooted with this method, would you also download Root Checker and see what the result is? Want to see if it is isolated to a couple guys or if this method is overall just going to give temporary root access and not full in the long run.. thank you!

Root works perfectly with this method.

Results: Congratulations! this device has root access!

The 1 click method I posted works perfectly, I rooted 5 phones so far for my family / friends. There're 2 1 click roots out right now, the original and this modified version. Make sure you're using this version.

BTW: I had to run this twice for it to work. It just stalled on the first time around

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Root works perfectly with this method.

Results: Congratulations! this device has root access!

The 1 click method I posted works perfectly, I rooted 5 phones so far for my family / friends. There're 2 1 click roots out right now, the original and this modified version. Make sure you're using this version.

BTW: I had to run this twice for it to work. It just stalled on the first time around

Huh... I'm glad that is working... hope the guys who it failed for are reading, maybe they just need to try again :)

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried the first time yesterday, and it stalled after trying to push superuser.apk. I had to manually reboot the phone to get it to continue. After it finished, I had root according to root checker, and Titanium would run.

Today I checked and for some reason didn't have root anymore, so I ran the one-click again and it restored root. It threw a ton of "file exists" errors in the process, but it seems to have worked. I tried rebooting the phone and checked, and it stayed rooted, but I'm not sure if it will stick this time or not.

martie09

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Tried this link, rooted succesfully for the first time. I did have to manually isntall busy box and superuser from the market though, but every root test i've done shows it all went well :cool:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The suggested fix didn't work for me. Failed saying it could not find the directories it was supposed create (busybox, etc.)

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I used the one-click method and have had no issues. I installed the Root Checker as asked and it says "Congratulations! This device has root access!"

Just thought I'd help out in the info gathering. :)

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Alright I tried the 1 click method before I got the update and it said it went through. I then proceeded with the update and it went through. When I rebooted I did not have root. I tried the "last resort" method exactly as described,and once I boot into AP fastboot flash mode as per the directions in option 1, my phone says sending system and then says writing system INFOPreflash validation faliure..(failed) remote. When I try to reboot it stays on AP fastboot Flash mode(s) (flash faliure) the only way i can reboot normally is to go into bootloader mode and pick normal boot up from there. (this is the second bionic this happened on) PLEASE HELP

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Alright I tried the 1 click method before I got the update and it said it went through. I then proceeded with the update and it went through. When I rebooted I did not have root. I tried the "last resort" method exactly as described,and once I boot into AP fastboot flash mode as per the directions in option 1, my phone says sending system and then says writing system INFOPreflash validation faliure..(failed) remote. When I try to reboot it stays on AP fastboot Flash mode(s) (flash faliure) the only way i can reboot normally is to go into bootloader mode and pick normal boot up from there. (this is the second bionic this happened on) PLEASE HELP

That's a little hard to follow.. sounds like you probably didn't have to do all that, you could have tried the 1-click after updating when you lost root, its been working for a lot of people. But in any case, for the situation you are in now I would use the releasedroot tool again, just follow the instructions carefully and use option 1. Hopefully this will get you to a working, restored stock system, rooted with foreverroot. If you get there, try checking for update and see if it will let you do it through the server. Since you should have foreverroot at that point the update ought to not break your root access. If it won't let you update or it fails, then continue on the "last resort" instructions and flash the file I posted to bring your system back up to 5.5.893 with root.

I know that sounds like a lot, its not too complicated though. Read through everything a couple times and you should be ok. I'm heading to bed, early day tomorrow, but hopefully if you run into any more trouble someone else can step up and try to get you back up and running tonight. In any case, don't panic, you're phone isn't broke and it can be fixed :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware