Upgrade to S23 if purchased directly through Samsung.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Howdy.
No S23 forums yet, but I have a question.
I bought my S22+ from Samsung last year. It was my first time purchasing directly from the manufacturer.
I used their credit card and am paying it monthly so I have 1/2 left.
When the S23 comes out, how do they treat that trade-in?
Do they require the S22 to be paid off completely or do they do what Sprint used to do and take the trade in, wash out the balance and you start anew with the full S23 price?
Hope that is clear.
Thanks in advance for any info on this situation.

Mav. :cool:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Howdy.
I bought my S22+ from Samsung last year. It was my first time purchasing directly from the manufacturer.
Do they require the S22 to be paid off completely or do they do what Sprint used to do and take the trade in, wash out the balance and you start anew with the full S23 price?
Hope that is clear.

For the S23 Forums they will come shortly

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as the trade in is high I will pull the trigger if not my 22 is still a great device.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Howdy.
Hope that is clear.

As far as trading in, you can trade it in if it isn't completely paid off. Your finance deal is just that, you will still have a balance to pay off if you trade it in before it's paid. This could change if you're on a plan Samsung was offering at one time where you could upgrade yearly, but I don't know how that works and I don't recall seeing they offered that on the S22 series. My guess when that was a option you wouldn't get the trade in amount, that would be used to pay off your previous phone.

Like I said, I don't know how that plan worked. If you're on the normal finance plan they offer you will still have a balance to pay off if you trade in before it's paid off.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hope that is clear. Thanks in advance for any info on this situation.

Samsung isn't Sprint. So you can certainly trade in the S22 no problem. You will still have to make payments on the S22 until paid off.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
As long as the trade in is high I will pull the trigger if not my 22 is still a great device.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If that trade in value is set high on my S22 ultra with 512 gb storage I'll pre-order before Samsung can say, we got em' again folks.🎁🤔

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If that trade in value is set high on my S22 ultra with 512 gb storage I'll pre-order before Samsung can say, we got em' again folks.
They usually don't give more for higher memory. But you'll probably never get more for your S22 Ultra than Samsung will give during the S23 preorder.
If I can get the S23 Ultra with 512 gb for under $400 out of pocket, I will probably trade my S22 Ultra 512 gb.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll be getting the unlocked S23+ for myself again directly through Samsung and trade in my old S21+
The wife will then take my S22+.
Everyone is happy.

Sent from the future.