USB connection problem, windows 8

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna give rooting another try, but it seems like Motorola isn't working well with windows 8. I can't get the USB driver to install.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds more like Windows 8 isn't working with your Xoom...

It's a developer preview. Why would Motorola offer support for an OS that isn't even released yet?

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds more like Windows 8 isn't working with your Xoom...

It's a developer preview. Why would Motorola offer support for an OS that isn't even released yet?

No, it's specifically Motorola's program that is saying it isn't able to recognize my OS. I haven't had a problem with anything else. I'm even able to move files back and forth. The only thing I'm not able to do is have the special drivers that would enable me to root it.

As for why, well obviously that's a good question. If everything else works perfectly for it, though, maybe that means others took a couple hours and fixed their fricken software to work with something that has millions of users.

Just maybe.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to run the drivers' installation package in "compatibility mode." It runs the selected items in a "Windows 7" mode of sorts; I have done this successfully with other plugins and drivers which said the Windows 8 OS "is not recognized or supported."

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to run the drivers' installation package in "compatibility mode." It runs the selected items in a "Windows 7" mode of sorts; I have done this successfully with other plugins and drivers which said the Windows 8 OS "is not recognized or supported."

For whatever reason, that doesn't work.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
No, it's specifically Motorola's program that is saying it isn't able to recognize my OS. I haven't had a problem with anything else. I'm even able to move files back and forth. The only thing I'm not able to do is have the special drivers that would enable me to root it.

As for why, well obviously that's a good question. If everything else works perfectly for it, though, maybe that means others took a couple hours and fixed their fricken software to work with something that has millions of users.

Just maybe.
Again, its a developer preview. So developers, such as those working at Motorola, can work on drivers and software to be ready when the OS is officially released. I had plenty of software and drivers that did not work for the Vista preview and same 7. When you are using an unreleased product it comes with the territory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali