USB not recognizing on vista?

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My computer is not recognizing the fascinate at all when attaching on a usb cable. I've tried reinserting the SD card and running in and out of debug mode. I'm using vista. Any ideas?

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/33899-how-root.html

Even if you don't plan to root your phone, the drivers provided here may help. Also, when you get the notification that your phone is connected, you need to click the notification on the phone to mount the SD card. I hope this helps!

Thanks. I'm aware of the notification as I've had a Droid and have and incredible, but it doesn't even recognize that the thing is connected at all. I'll try the drivers and see what happens. Thanks for the link.

DamnRock

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
On my fiancees laptop, when I connected the phone, it didn't automatically install the drivers (popped up notifcation on laptop that the drivers weren't found)... I had to download the SDK adn then go into Device Manager and force the driver (found in the usb_drivers folder of the sdk) to install.

Once I did that, when i connected, it showed up as a drive but was unreadable... then I had to mount the sd card on the notification bar on the phone.

Note: all this was with USB debugging turned OFF on the phone. Doesn't show up as a drive on the laptop at all if USB Debugging is on.

I don't know if that information helps at all... it's what I had to do.

silverram323

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I cant seem to get it to work either. I have down loaded a few files and I'm not a IT guy so some of this don't make since to me. HELP

Samsung Fascinate on a 64 bit vista laptop.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
On my fiancees laptop, when I connected the phone, it didn't automatically install the drivers (popped up notifcation on laptop that the drivers weren't found)... I had to download the SDK adn then go into Device Manager and force the driver (found in the usb_drivers folder of the sdk) to install.

Once I did that, when i connected, it showed up as a drive but was unreadable... then I had to mount the sd card on the notification bar on the phone.

Note: all this was with USB debugging turned OFF on the phone. Doesn't show up as a drive on the laptop at all if USB Debugging is on.

I don't know if that information helps at all... it's what I had to do.

I have the same problem and I tried to force the driver and it gives me an error saying its not a compatible driver for my device. Are you forcing by using the have disk and directing it to android_winusb.inf file?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1. Don't forget to double click on the driver file to complete the installation process. The file you download when you download drivers is just the installation file. Double click on that file to actually install the drivers. Then plug your phone in to install drivers with phone.

2. Try rebooting your phone while it is connected to your computer and usb debugging is enabled.

3. Turn off usb debugging, go into usb settings and change it from mass storage to on demand or ask on demand, then enable usb debugging

Hope some of this helps