Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

LifeViaBB

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

Yes I did that several times but it doesn't seem to help. I didn't have the problem with my web until after the factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

LifeViaBB

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Did you go to the application manager and clear cache and clear all data? Sometimes when mine messes up just once it continues until I do that. Not sure that is a fix or not but worth a shot. Let know if need instructions.

Yes I did that several times but it doesn't seem to help. I didn't have the problem with my web until after the factory reset.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

My phone is starting to lag badly. Programs are taking longer to open and when I swipe the calendar to change the month, there's close to a 2 second delay. It wasn't like this right after the update, so something is up.

evol99

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys!
ever since i updated my gs3 the vibration ring tone ( the way it vibrates because i feel like vibration ring tone is a weird thing to say) has changed and doesnt change back when i go to my settings. I liked the harder vibrate it had as a default and how it has the heartbeat vibrate even though i have set it back to normal on settings. Whenever i get a text its still the heartbeat that i never notice

EDIT: basically where is the vibration ringtone setting for notifications

LifeViaBB

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys!
ever since i updated my gs3 the vibration ring tone ( the way it vibrates because i feel like vibration ring tone is a weird thing to say) has changed and doesnt change back when i go to my settings. I liked the harder vibrate it had as a default and how it has the heartbeat vibrate even though i have set it back to normal on settings. Whenever i get a text its still the heartbeat that i never notice

EDIT: basically where is the vibration ringtone setting for notifications

The only place I know is settings>sound. Then you have ringtones & notifications. I was able to change mine successfully. Don't know if it would help to change the vibration intensity so you might notice it if you can't change it - just a thought
Another thought is to check your individual contacts for what the vibration is set at.
Hope you get it cleared up

Ducky4282

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I just got the update notification today and given all the factory resets I am seeing, I am going to wait a while to update. I hate having my phone set up just the way I want it and then having to go back and redo every stinking thing.

evol99

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys im trying to change the vibration setting for text message notifications
Before the update the default was the basic call vibration setting (one long vibrate) and since the update it has changed to a heartbeat vibrate i never notice
Does anyone know how to change it

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Menu settings (if in tabbed view) my device and sound. Under sound you can change it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Most of the app crashes are due to them having been written for previous OS versions. Check for updates to the apps to work with 4.3.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

it not a compatibility issue because reinstalling them fixes it. if it was a issue with them not being written for 4.3 then reinstalling them would not do anything to fix it.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

not all of my apps crash but at least half of then did and I reinstalled the ones that I did not mind loosing app data on.

sharkbait190

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

been grasping at straws all day trying to fix this.. my GS3 updated this morning and now my phone vibrates on EVERY SINGLE NOTIFICATION even though i have them all turned off in the settings of the app itself. i learned all about app ops and have it open, but i don't have the vibrate toggle on my screen the way i see it in every other screen shot online. I've tried changing the phone's settings and letting notifications come in so it would vibrate thinking it would trip a time stamp, but no luck. mainly I'm looking to turn off vibrate for facebook and hangouts, and the vibrate toggles aren't where they should be

thanks in advance

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if it's my phone with new update or Facebook beta but I don't ever get notifications for Facebook.

Al H

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I have not yet upgraded to 4.3. I was wondering if those who have had the update think this update is worth it?

Al H

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Why is that? Do you like to do factory reset? Is there an advantage after a factory reset?

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

no I would not upgrade at the moment. you will thank me for it. do you want to deal with previously installed apps crashing unless you reinstall them or bigger battery drain.