Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

My phone works fine. No need for a FR. Had to update a few apps. But other than that, I have had NO problems.

Posted via Android Central App

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed a huge decrease in the time it takes for pictures to upload to Dropbox. It's now nearly instantaneous.

Bitter13

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

Just updated and mostly running fine (maybe a quicker battery drain, not sure)

Only "annoying thing" is that when I get a sms text message, it used to display the sender and part of the text at the header and in the drop-down. Now it just says "Messaging - New Message"

Am I the only one getting this? I force stopped the messaging app and restarted but that didn't help.

Anyone?

coterbb03

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

How do I find the WiFi settings?
Since the update my phone will connect and disconnect from wireless services so often that it burns through my data and crashes my phone. I don't care if it's a little slower. I just want it to connect and stay there. It was not a problem until the update.
I checked the settings menu and I was not able to fix it from there, but I know there is another wifi menu in the phone. I just can't find it.

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

How do I find the WiFi settings?
Since the update my phone will connect and disconnect from wireless services so often that it burns through my data and crashes my phone. I don't care if it's a little slower. I just want it to connect and stay there. It was not a problem until the update.
I checked the settings menu and I was not able to fix it from there, but I know there is another wifi menu in the phone. I just can't find it.

Menu settings wifi then click the menu button (beside home) and click advanced

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

psuperman112

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty disappointed with this update, it disrupted all kinds of stuff on my phone. I updated last night and so far:
1) My flash is suddenly flashing each time I get a phone call
2) My phone vibrates every time I get an e-mail, when before the update I had it set not to
3) When I get a missed call, even though I have a locked screen, it shows the missed call and who it was from. The whole point of having a lock screen is for privacy, why would they make it less private without at least an option to disable? ( I had to download another app to get around this)
4) the phone seems generally slower than before the update
5) there's nothing really gained from what I can tell so far, seems like there was zero benefit to updating.
6) Also on the pattern lock screen, the pins for the pattern are in a smaller space thus making it way more difficult to draw the correct pattern quickly.

Fred6v

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

My issue: After Verizon updated my Galaxy S3 with the new Android 4.3 update yesterday my Motorola Sliver bluetooth headset drives listeners nuts. I can hear calls fine but people talking with me hear echo of their own voice which makes the headset unusable. Bluetooth in car is fine but $130 Sliver is now useless. Any ideas?

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

My issue: After Verizon updated my Galaxy S3 with the new Android 4.3 update yesterday my Motorola Sliver bluetooth headset drives listeners nuts. I can hear calls fine but people talking with me hear echo of their own voice which makes the headset unusable. Bluetooth in car is fine but $130 Sliver is now useless. Any ideas?

Try clearing all the bluetooth cache and resyncing (grasping at straws here)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ritam478

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

When this update first came out...It sent me a notification about it and asked if I wanted to upgrade to it now or manually do it later and I clicked manually do it later.....That was Christmas Eve I believe and it hasn't sent me another notification about it.

brelltimh

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I also have a samsung galaxy s3... since ydy after the update I have been trying to get mssg and missed calls off front screen. So since this has happen I have been all over my phone...I have also ran across some new items that have been downloaded...elm agent service m....market feedback and is restricted., I can't even stop it...a few other new items.
Anyone can help would be Great!!

Blackpearrl

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

The biggest problem that I've heard from almost everyone is the remarkably fast battery drain. I went to bed the other night with a 60% charge and when I woke up, the phone was dead. And oh yeah, the thing is running around 60 cpu on average with no apps open, and much higher when trying to run just about any app. Factory resets do not help, the problem resumes afterwards. My phone is essentially a landline now. Also, I'm not rooted. I guess rooting now wouldn't be any help. What a sh*t show.

not_a_master_yet

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Mine does the same thing. Looks like we need to find a way to clear the clipboard without opening up the clipboard contents. That may work.

After reading this, I tried to access my clip board, as soon as I tried to school through....van phone reset, did it twice because I just wanted to be sure. Then on the third time I just hit clear clip board instead of scrolling on it, and worked fine I added a few copies to it, and I could scroll through. Just delete your old clippings and your good to go..

shamima5259

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Ever since I updated my phone my data connection is gone.
I tried turning off and on the mobile data network, tried turning on airplane mode, I even restarted my phone. But nothing works.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I sure wish I would have seen this thread, BEFORE letting the wife's SGS3 update to 4.3!
Battery drain is at 1% down, every 4 minutes
I tried Factory Resetting, but no improvement.
This is just stupid! Obviously a rush job! Don't they test such things, prior to putting them out to their customers???
The VZW community site has reps providing such wonderful advice as how to reduce battery drain and such. (EYES LOOKING UP!)

Ducky4282

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

How do you get the little green software update is ready to disappear from the task bar on top? I have no intention of updating.

Blackpearrl

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Yup, same thing here pizza. I DLd a CPU app to see what was going on & when I'm using almost any app, my CPU is nearly 100. So thats what's likely sucking down the juice. Not that there's anything to be done about that. I just consider this phone a fancy landline now.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the update, BlackPearrl.
My email is lighting up, with reply notices for the vzw community threads "Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues" and "Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update", but no solutions, just more customer complaints and vzw rep replies, offering silly suggestions or follow me / follow you / direct message invites.
My google-foo has revealed that this "update" was halted in Nov 2013, due to complaints of the very same issues as today. Why oh why did they continue the roll-out WITHOUT FIXING THE ISSUES???