Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Say you had a union discount and you want to switch it to employer discount, how would you do that? If they ask for verification use the work email?

Yes. Login to your account and go to the employee discount page. Enter your work email to check if it's eligible.

solarain

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I recently changed jobs and will need to remove my old employer's discount from my account.

Anyone know if this will reset my current contract or if this is just an add-on benefit that has no bearing on the contract itself?

Thanks!

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I recently changed jobs and will need to remove my old employer's discount from my account.

Anyone know if this will reset my current contract or if this is just an add-on benefit that has no bearing on the contract itself?
If it's simply a discount, then it shouldn't affect the length or other terms of the contract. You just pay more.

However, if it's a company-custom plan, you likely have to switch plans to something available to the public.

solarain

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If it's simply a discount, then it shouldn't affect the length or other terms of the contract. You just pay more.

However, if it's a company-custom plan, you likely have to switch plans to something available to the public.

Thanks, Rancher. As far as I know, this is my own plan with an employee discount added to it - just % discounts on accessories and the monthly plan and such. I'm hoping to keep my current contract as I really like what I have.

Regards,
Brian

vikings 56

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi! would u happen to know if u worked for a government agency with the discount and then retired with a pension, would the discount still b in effect? Thanks!

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Why would you remove your discount? Even if you retire, keep the discount. You don't have to renew it. It's a one time thing. You guys are acting like "Mrs. Goody Two shoes"! No offence. Verizon is still over charging you.

vikings 56

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Nobody is offering to give away their discount. Apparently it is not a one time deal. I just received a email from Verizon telling me to show proof that i still work where i did. I didn't offer to give it up.i just retired and was wondering if the government agency i worked for still qualifies me to keep receiving the discount?

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is offering to give away their discount. Apparently it is not a one time deal. I just received a email from Verizon telling me to show proof that i still work where i did. I didn't offer to give it up.i just retired and was wondering if the government agency i worked for still qualifies me to keep receiving the discount?

What part of gov do you work in? I work for DOD as a Civilian and my AKO and work email give me a discount. You can also fax them a copy of your Fed ID. That way you don't need an email address.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi! would u happen to know if u worked for a government agency with the discount and then retired with a pension, would the discount still b in effect? Thanks!

It depends on the agreement between Verizon and the agency you work for. For example, if you are a retired member of the military, then you would qualify for the discount, even though you are retired. Just send in a copy of your veteran id card or dd form 214. Other agencies may or may not qualify depending on their agreement with Verizon. You can contact your hr person, they may be able to use help. Or maybe contact Verizon directly

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had my corporate discount for about 10 years, even though I've been working for a different company. I never bothered to update it because I thought my old company had a bigger discount with Verizon.

Verizon recently sent me an email telling me to verify my discount. I did it by emailing my current pay stubs. I figured my discount would go down.

Imagine my surprise when Verizon emailed me back and told me my corporate discount has been validated. I now get 2% more discount! :) I should have done this 7 years ago. 2% may not seem much, but over 7 years, it amounts to a few hundred dollars.... :( Oh well.... :(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had my corporate discount for about 10 years, even though I've been working for a different company. I never bothered to update it because I thought my old company had a bigger discount with Verizon.

Verizon recently sent me an email telling me to verify my discount. I did it by emailing my current pay stubs. I figured my discount would go down.

Imagine my surprise when Verizon emailed me back and told me my corporate discount has been validated. I now get 2% more discount! :) I should have done this 7 years ago. 2% may not seem much, but over 7 years, it amounts to a few hundred dollars.... :( Oh well.... :(

The discount may have changed over those 7 years. You may have been getting the advantage but we will never know. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The discount may have changed over those 7 years. You may have been getting the advantage but we will never know. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

no... my current company's discount has not changed for over 10 years.... (based on info listed in the HR packets from 2001 to 2013) I just assumed that my current company is a tiny company and shouldn't have a bigger discount than my old company. (old company was a big company with offices in 97 nations, and my current company has only 110 employees, all in one building) Don't really understand how Verizon Wireless decide on how much discount to give each company. How can a tiny company get more discount than a big company?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
no... my current company's discount has not changed for over 10 years.... (based on info listed in the HR packets from 2001 to 2013) I just assumed that my current company is a tiny company and shouldn't have a bigger discount than my old company. (old company was a big company with offices in 97 nations, and my current company has only 110 employees, all in one building) Don't really understand how Verizon Wireless decide on how much discount to give each company. How can a tiny company get more discount than a big company?

It all depends on the agreement between Verizon and your employer which depends on a variety of factors. Perhaps your smaller company uses Verizon more than the larger one?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
It might not increase profits as much as they think. My account is already over-subscribed on the data plan by quite a bit. The expiration of my old employee discount is just going to encourage me to reevaluate my data package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

It's motivated me to finally get a real Nexus phone on T-Mo.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
We found out just the other day that my wife was eligible for a corporate discount through her job. We thought it over and, given that his would have to result in changing the name on the account from mine to hers, and that I'm contemplating the unlimited plan switch that I'd hate to jeopardize in any way, we decided to wait. The discount is 14% and another 3% for the paperless billing, and it's by no means of the total monthly bill. What sort of discounts are you getting?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
We found out just the other day that my wife was eligible for a corporate discount through her job. We thought it over and, given that his would have to result in changing the name on the account from mine to hers, and that I'm contemplating the unlimited plan switch that I'd hate to jeopardize in any way, we decided to wait. The discount is 14% and another 3% for the paperless billing, and it's by no means of the total monthly bill. What sort of discounts are you getting?

Not true...

I'm in exactly the same situation. They ask for the corporate email address, send a verification link there, she responds to it, and voila.

I did not lose unlimited, didn't change the name on the account, and didn't even have to change the contact email address. Just a one time verification message to the discounted corporate email domain.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

The discount being applied or a change of name should not remove unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spa1010