Verizon release date

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I could wait for the s6 but my heart is kinda set to get the phablet with the s pen...Was going to go with the note 4 in November til I saw this "edge" ...now about 2 months later I'm almost thinking note 5 lol

Posted via the Android Central App

mjolson29

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
this is getting ridiculous?... i def don't buy their testing and can't give u a release date bullcrap. i understand people saying its just a phone, but come on verizon, this is idiotic. they have loyal customers that pay really good money for their service, plus they advertise the edge program as being the latest technology. the splash screen for the edge on the verizon website has been up for more then a month now. so much for coming soon. verizon needs to get there act together. the marketing director should be fired.

Disneymedic

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
this is getting ridiculous?... i def don't buy their testing and can't give u a release date bullcrap. i understand people saying its just a phone, but come on verizon, this is idiotic. they have loyal customers that pay really good money for their service, plus they advertise the edge program as being the latest technology. the splash screen for the edge on the verizon website has been up for more then a month now. so much for coming soon. verizon needs to get there act together. the marketing director should be fired.

AMEN!!!

The rest of the world is enjoying the phone except for Verizon Customers! They cant even give us an honest update

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
AMEN!!!

They cant even give us an honest update

QFT. If you are an upfront business why shade the truth? I have found with my customer base honesty can sting upfront but earn respect for the long run.

A simple "we expect to drop it xxx" would earn so much credit among the customers.

blivatov

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Just chat with Verizon rep... he said they finally got an official announcement that Edge will be released for sure, but still no firm dates. But they will start training next week.

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am jumping ship from Verizon tomorrow, I am sick of spotty coverage, little to no updates and last to get a new phones . Att has had more consistent data speeds for the 4 days I have been trying the out the Samsung Edge, I have ran more then 1.5 gb of speed tests between both carriers and att is more consistent by far, maybe not the fastest everytime but a lot more reliable then verizon, and the speeds are almost the speed of verizon when it is at its fastest. I love this Samsung Edge. ATT is less expensive. See you later verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Just chat with Verizon rep... he said they finally got an official announcement that Edge will be released for sure, but still no firm dates. But they will start training next week.

Take that with an extreme grain of salt.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am really starting to consider the change to ATT as well. Not because of phones specifically (I am not a phone rotator) but more of the fact I need coverage. It doesn't have to be game streaming fast; but it has to be there reliably. I think Verizon is slipping or ATT is getting better. Either way I am getting close to pulling the trigger....

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Cincinnati and I went to my local corp store and asked the associate about the Edge... He quickly said no we're not getting it, then the manager butted in and said actually I just got notified that we are, not sure when but we are getting it.

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the news, I suppose it is good that the reps actually have been notified even tho we still have no launch date....still "coming soon"

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Cincinnati and I went to my local corp store and asked the associate about the Edge... He quickly said no we're not getting it, then the manager butted in and said actually I just got notified that we are, not sure when but we are getting it.

Corp store in Tri-County?

Denverdroid

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I went by the Verizon store in south Denver today. It's a very busy store that does a very high sales volume. I wanted to check out the Note 4 to see if I just wanted to just go ahead and buy it. There was a 1/2 hour wait for a rep. I decided to check out the Note 4 and swing back later tomorrow to speak with a rep since its only a mile from my house. While I was looking around a rep walked by and I asked if I could ask a quick question. I asked if they would be getting the Note Edge and he was very firm "yes, it's coming out on the 8th". I'll take it with a grain of sal but he didn't hesitate when I asked and gave me the date of the 8th. That is consistent with a Thursday release. I've waited this long at this point I'll give them until the 8th, if not, I'll go note 4 or see what might be coming out of CES next week.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The 8th? I won't hold my breath. At that point, its a new year and everyone is gearing up to release their new devices. The Note Edge will feel like old, outdated tech by that time (depending on what everyone else is dropping in 2015 of course). I'll just wait for the next Edge they drop. Im sure by that time it will be an upgrade over the original lol

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The 8th? I won't hold my breath. At that point, its a new year and everyone is gearing up to release their new devices. The Note Edge will feel like old, outdated tech by that time (depending on what everyone else is dropping in 2015 of course). I'll just wait for the next Edge they drop. Im sure by that time it will be an upgrade over the original lol

Unfortunately that is the opinion I am developing. However the rumors of the Samsung only OS is scary. Has nobody learned the lessons of Window Phones which are honestly superior to iCrap and Android but because of the lacking support just wither....if nobody develops for it...whats the point?

LordTrouble

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

So, by that logic, why should Verizon even release the phone? I still think they will release it. And, will need to do it soon. Or, there won't be any point in releasing it. Some of us want or need the edge and will still get it. Besides, if it's the note series it will be almost a year before the next one is out.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
So, by that logic, why should Verizon even release the phone? I still think they will release it. And, will need to do it soon. Or, there won't be any point in releasing it. Some of us want or need the edge and will still get it. Besides, if it's the note series it will be almost a year before the next one is out.

Because different strokes for different folks. Why I want X, Y, Z on my phone isnt any reason another person wants it. They will still sell it out regardless and those customers will be mostly happy with it. A small percentage of those will not be happy and get rid of it.

Manish Sinha

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Went to tht Verizon store here in Naperville Il and the store manager said they just got the Edge cases in that day. Sounds like release is inevitably coming soon.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Went to tht Verizon store here in Naperville Il and the store manager said they just got the Edge cases in that day. Sounds like release is inevitably coming soon.

time to start calling the local stores and see if they also have received them. if this is the case, the rumor that VZW will only launch the Edge online is untrue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc