Verizon release date

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
As everyone on this posting has seen, I have let those know I have a brother high up (not a rep) and shot down all of the other false dates others have posted (not sure how or where they got that information), so when I saw the "official" email with my own eyes, that is when I was able to come on and confirm the facts. So yes, it's dropping... really pricey though, but I might make the jump... hope it's worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

LordTrouble

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
So, if it's not preorder. What will be the best way to get it? I'm in a VERY rural area (I think the nearest actual Verizon store is around 2 hours away).

kevkavalier

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, waiting to release it after all the black Friday and Christmas sales (Most phones were $100 off), Verizon can SUCK IT!!!! At this point if the S6 releases an edge version with the 64-bit processor, then what's a little bit longer to wait? The price will drop soon enough as it will soon be an "old" phone. Don't even get me started in waiting for the Lollypop 5.? update. Verizon doesn't deliver there either!

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So, if it's not preorder. What will be the best way to get it? I'm in a VERY rural area (I think the nearest actual Verizon store is around 2 hours away).

No, no preorder. Best way to order it I would assume would be to either order online, call telesales, or go to a store (not sure what the in store stock is going to look like).

Posted via the Android Central App

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Got a phone for my daughter on Edge in November..an iphone 6. The phone was nearly free with the plan discount, but I did have to pay the sales tax and return the phone that was previously attached to the number. Still a good deal.

If my line is not under contract (3 lines total), couldn't I just cancel it and let my wife start a new Edge line? If it is a new line, I wouldn't have to turn in a phone to get Edge. My phone is too nice to give away to Verizon for free.

Doris D

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
MY CHAT WITH VERIZON TODAY!!!

William H.: Hello, welcome to Verizon Wireless sales chat! My name is William H., may I have your name, please?
Doris: Doris
William H.: Hi, Doris! What are we looking to order online today? Also may I ask are you, one of our loyal customers, who is looking to add a line or upgrade an existing line to a new phone, or are you a new customer looking to join the greatest network?
Doris: I was in the Verizon store today and was talking to the rep about upgrading 2 lines but would like to wait until the Samsung galaxy note edge is out. he said this up coming week it was coming out do you know what day by chance
William H.: No problem, Doris! We will be getting the Galaxy Note Edge on January 8th, as the current official release date for the CDMA model of the device!
Doris: What is cdma?
William H.: The CDMA model would be the version of the device made for use on Verizon's CDMA network.
Doris: ohh ok sounds great, will the stores have them the 8th too of just order online?
Doris: Do you happen to know how much it will be on edge or on 2 year agreement price about?
William H.: The Note Edge will be $399.99 with an upgrade and contract renewal, or $33.33 a month using the Verizon Edge payment plan.
Doris: GREAT! thank you so much for your help

This is all the info i have for now and btw the store rep didnt know **** . I just played dumb with the online rep to see if he would spill any info :)

Doris D

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I went back to chat and the lady i talked to said some of the stores will ( mostly corporate stores i would assume) but she was not sure about if they would have black and white versions or just the black yet :(

Disneymedic

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I just talked with a Verizon Rep and they changed my upgrade date from 01/22/15 to 01/08/15 so that I will be allowed to upgrade with the 2yr contract.

Getting excited!!!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Checked with the VZW agent about the edge plan option on the Note Edge.

If you are off contract you do not need to return your current phone.
You pay sales tax on the full price of the phone if you get the edge plan, so it's about $70 in sales tax.
And it's only $15 off a month on your plan, if you get on the edge plan and your data is under 10gig.

Gabvin1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Checked with the VZW agent about the edge plan option on the Note Edge.

If you are off contract you do not need to return your current phone.
You pay sales tax on the full price of the phone if you get the edge plan, so it's about $70 in sales tax.
And it's only $15 off a month on your plan, if you get on the edge plan and your data is under 10gig.

Gabvin1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been following this thread for a while and just called Verizon. The edge will be released on the 8th. I just got off of the phone with a rep. No pre-orders but can be ordered Thursday. Finally!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Jan 8 seems real.

Getting the Verizon Galaxy Note Edge on 2 Year contract or on VZW's Edge Plan?
Now here's my thinking on getting the phone on the two year plan with sales tax and upgrade fee, or on the edge plan with $25 off the monthly bill and no sales tax and no upgrade fee.

What I am not sure of, is if the $25 off the monthly bill a sure thing or not and for that I may need to check with the phone CS.

But a Note Edge in LA will cost $466 with two year contract (incl sales tax and upgrade fee).

With the VZW edge plan it is $33 a month and no other fees, and if the $25 off the bill is in fact true it sounds like a tempting offer.

However, the edge plan now requires 75% of the phone paid ($600) plus your current phone being handed over (~$100) before an upgrade can be made. That makes little sense.

But if you are saving $25 on your bill, then you are only paying $8 for the Note Edge, for a price of $192 after two years. This is not a bad way of looking at it.

Any ideas?

PS: See update below. The $25 off monthly is only for accounts with 10gig of data of month. For others it's only $15 off a month.

I had my Note 3 under the Edge contract about a year ago. Back then, I was able to upgrade after 50% was paid off. Also, to my knowledge if, you opt for the Edge program you do not pay an upgrade/activation fee which is another benefit.

When I did my analysis, owning the phone outright verses paying the Edge, I only save $5-$10 per month so, mathematically it did not make sense.

Some people are looking at the strategic side of the Edge. Let say, after the end of the 18 months you owe $150 on the device. You know you can sell the device online for $200 or more. It makes sense to buy out the Edge program and sell the phone on your own. Some people are looking at this as a strategic move. Either way, your math is correct. It does not make sense for $8 per month to deal with another 2 year contract price especially when phones are becoming outdated so fast.

Also, if you do an Edge buyout, you do not have to surrender the phone. If you Edge Up, you need to surrender the device. With Edge up, you pay the 75% amount verses the 100% and upgrade to another phone. Also, if you do the entire thing through the phone or Internet verses doing it in the store, you have some time before you have to mail back your device.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If my line is not under contract (3 lines total), couldn't I just cancel it and let my wife start a new Edge line? If it is a new line, I wouldn't have to turn in a phone to get Edge. My phone is too nice to give away to Verizon for free.

No need to surrender the phone. They only time you would need to surrender the phone would be if you are Edging Up. Which means you have an Edge contract on the line you want to upgrade and you are paying up the 75% buyout price to upgrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000