Very unhappy with fingerprint sensor

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I remember when I got the S10+ I wasn't too happy with the FPS but with this one it isn't that bad. I know they say it's the same one and nothing changed, may be it being a bit higher helped me or something. But I'm having a much better experience with FPS on the Note 10 when compared to S10.

Overall still not the same as traditional FPS or even the optical ones like that on OnePlus but better than S10 for me.
Yeah agree..
I like to see if they will add more software updates to improve it or add haptic to it , but looks like they sticking with this ultrasonic sensor probably going get better as S series or note comes along.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The FPS on the note is a complete failure in my opinion. If other company's can do it right the Sammy should be able to get it right.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I deleted and registered my fingerprints again and now it's faster than how it was. It's still not as fast as the optical version but it's much better.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The FPS on the note is a complete failure in my opinion. If other company's can do it right the Sammy should be able to get it right.
I dont think it's a complete failure, just something we not use to and will get better as I've seen with note 10.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner is 99.99999999% accurate. Even with the Samsung screen protector on. I turned on the touch sensitivity optin in Settings.

Much better than fishing the the dark around the back for the scanner there.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry your's is not working well. Mine works 99% of the time. Maybe they will do another update soon.
I'm loving my FP sensor. I prefer it on screen vs on the back. I use it a bunch daily for apps, purchases, etc. Usually without delay. I peeled the screen protector off when I got it - I just don't like things on there.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving my FP sensor. I prefer it on screen vs on the back. I use it a bunch daily for apps, purchases, etc. Usually without delay. I peeled the screen protector off when I got it - I just don't like things on there.

Same here except I still got the factory screen protector on til I find a good glass screen protector that will work with the fingerprint sensor. After having to replace my note9 when I shattered the screen on the concrete at work one day, I don't have the guts to go naked lol.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I hated the FPS in the S10+ I had, so this makes me glad that I didn't get the Note 10+ since it uses the exact same ultrasonic FPS.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I use Face ID 90% of the time but I'm having no issues with the scanner... Did the same as S10+ didn't rush or overly press hard on set up... Two times left thumb and one right pointer while phone was sitting on desk since that's the best situation for my right...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174