Vicious Jelly Bean V2, V3 and V4 hang on Verizon GN

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick to getting Jelly Bean to boot on the GN?

I've tried the Vicious Jelly Bean V2, V3 and V4 ROMS, none of them boot. It gets as far as the X on the boot up screen and then stops. I've wiped the caches, installed from both ClockworkMod and from ROM Manager, nothing works.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick to getting Jelly Bean to boot on the GN?

I've tried the Vicious Jelly Bean V2, V3 and V4 ROMS, none of them boot. It gets as far as the X on the boot up screen and then stops. I've wiped the caches, installed from both ClockworkMod and from ROM Manager, nothing works.

You need to wipe data as well.

For new JB roms, these are the steps that must be taken:

(1) Place the rom on your phone's SDcard, reboot into recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, whichever you use).

(2) Wipe data/factory reset--I do it 3 times, because safe > sorry.

(3) Wipe cache--may be superfluous, but hey, safe > sorry.

(4) Go to Advanced, then wipe dalvik cache.

(5) Go to Mounts/Storage, select format system (and do that).

(6) Install zip from sdcard--find the rom's zip, install it.

(7) Reboot.

There should be problems, so if it's hanging you probably missed a step in there. Let me/us know how it works out!

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the "SDCARD" get reformatted if you do that? That would delete the backups and the .zip files.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the "SDCARD" get reformatted if you do that? That would delete the backups and the .zip files.

Nandroid backup is your friend, be sure to do one first. And no, the full data wipe/factory reset will not delete your nandroid backup or the zip files for the ROM you are about to flash.

Reactions: dmmarck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrewbline