VZW Share Everything Plans

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The Share Eveything plan will save me $10. I will have two smartphones and 1 basic phone on the line and we will share 4 GB since my gf doesn't use hers for data much at all. If she wasn't on the hook for 18 more months with VZW I would just be switching to AT&T.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So how would this work in a scenario like this:

We are a family of 5, there are 3 lines with data, 2 lines without.

Of the 3 lines with data, only 1 has unlimited data (mine)

I am planning on purchasing phones at full retail price in order to keep my unlimited, but would I lose it anyway if one of my family members upgrades their phone at discounted price?

Would we be automatically converted to a share plan? Or are we allowed to keep our existing individual data accounts indefinitely?

The whole family would be converted to Shared Data plan if someone upgrades at a discounted price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The whole family would be converted to Shared Data plan if someone upgrades at a discounted price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Shared data plans are NOT mandatory. Anyone upgrading to a smart phone still has the option of adding the 2, 5, 10GB plan for their line which would have no impact on the others.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So how would this work in a scenario like this:

We are a family of 5, there are 3 lines with data, 2 lines without.

Of the 3 lines with data, only 1 has unlimited data (mine)

I am planning on purchasing phones at full retail price in order to keep my unlimited, but would I lose it anyway if one of my family members upgrades their phone at discounted price?

Would we be automatically converted to a share plan? Or are we allowed to keep our existing individual data accounts indefinitely?

If any of the lines without unlimited data upgraded/renewed, that line would have to choose a tiered data plan.

Same as now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewWestSide
Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
The Share Eveything plan will save me $10. I will have two smartphones and 1 basic phone on the line and we will share 4 GB since my gf doesn't use hers for data much at all. If she wasn't on the hook for 18 more months with VZW I would just be switching to AT&T.

Call Verizon. The reps have more details regarding share everything and how it affects your account.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon. The reps have more details regarding share everything and how it affects your account.

Not really. Call 3 times and you will get 3 different answers. Pjnc and RY have given accurate answers to questions on this thread and appear to know more about the options than most of the reps that Verizon customers have had the pleasure of dealing with. Just go to the Verizon forums. It's a mess. Their own reps have contradicted each other and in many threads there, customers with the same questions have been given different answers by different reps. Its pretty absurd.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

Reactions: jroc

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
And really...now that info has became more clearer about the plans and existing customers....its really not that bad for existing customers. Recent existing customers at least. I already had tiered data on my family plan. All I need to decide or find out is if I add a line after the 28th, will it affect anything.....

I want another upgrade available right now...lol.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts about AT&T new plans? They are actually more in some cases. That scratches AT&T off my list.

AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T

So far Verizon dont seem so bad now...wonder what Sprint and T Mo will do...

We, as customers, waste our time fighting over one carrier vs another. The real argument should be against all of them and the high barrier to entry for new competitors to enter the market.

-Suntan

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
And you know what....was reminded by someone about extra lines.

So in some cases AT&T is cheaper than Verizon. The difference in each case is either $5-$10 more or less on Verizon or AT&T.

Either way....ppl will have to do some good comparisons to see where the better deal is.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I really want the phone at an affordable price, but my bill might be going up lol.

Three smartphones, and the "home phone". I don't use that much data as it is, but we don't use that many minutes either. This just doesn't hold me either way.

So, we'll pay the $20 per month for the home phone, $40 x 3 for the smartphones and then we'll be getting $80 for the 6GB of data to share. $220, plus all the taxes and fees will bring us up well past what we pay now. :( Guess I'll be saving money to buy the S3 outright, eventually lol.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I was reading on cnet that the cost is the exact same for Verizon and AT&T when you factor in the monthly cost for each device. The data packages alone seem to be more expensive than Verizon but the monthly access fee for each device on Verizon is more expensive than the AT&T therefore they come out equal.

Even though I am the heaviest user on our account, 6gb maybe even 4gb could be enough for all of our 5 lines however it is not cost effect for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it. 10gb $100 20gb $150 with vzw. I'm actually tempted to go that route.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick