VZW Share Everything Plans

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI to the Galaxy S3 pre-order folks, I just read this over at HowardForums from a member with over 800 posts, not just some troll:

I just got off the phone with Verizon, seeing if I could still order a Galaxy S3 and be able to keep my unlimited data plan. I was informed that any subsidized phone activated on the account after their share data plans go into effect (June 28th) will lose unlimited data. I asked what about all the people who preordered the SGS3 to safeguard their unlimited data (phones expected to ship July 1st), & was told they will lose it, since the phone can't be activated until 3 days after the share data plans go into effect.

That is how Verizon is getting a bunch of people off of unlimited data plans, and a particularly back door & s****y way to do it. So for anyone that has unlimited data & has preordered the Galaxy S3, you better call Verizon & find out for yourself if you need to cancel your order.

That user is the first person to be told that. Everyone else that has contacted Verizon (inlcuding today when I spoke with Verizon) has been informed that if you pre-order before the 28th you will be able to keep your unlimited data.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI to the Galaxy S3 pre-order folks, I just read this over at HowardForums from a member with over 800 posts, not just some troll:

I just got off the phone with Verizon, seeing if I could still order a Galaxy S3 and be able to keep my unlimited data plan. I was informed that any subsidized phone activated on the account after their share data plans go into effect (June 28th) will lose unlimited data. I asked what about all the people who preordered the SGS3 to safeguard their unlimited data (phones expected to ship July 1st), & was told they will lose it, since the phone can't be activated until 3 days after the share data plans go into effect.

That is how Verizon is getting a bunch of people off of unlimited data plans, and a particularly back door & s****y way to do it. So for anyone that has unlimited data & has preordered the Galaxy S3, you better call Verizon & find out for yourself if you need to cancel your order.

I'm guessing this will happen, but I'm desperately hoping it won't after all the assurances we've received.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
That user is the first person to be told that. Everyone else that has contacted Verizon (inlcuding today when I spoke with Verizon) has been informed that if you pre-order before the 28th you will be able to keep your unlimited data.

Just did in fact call and was told -- "in essense, all you're doing is swapping phones". I was assured that i would be keeping my unlimited data.

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with when the phone is activated. It's when you agree to the terms. When I pre-ordered I agreed to the terms and gave Verizon permission to charge my CC the subsidized price.

Look at this way. You can re-up your contract for 2 more years and buy a subsidized phone. You can continue to use your old phone on the plan. Nothing says you HAVE to activate your new phone when you buy it. It could sit in the box collecting dust while you use your old phone on your new re-upped contract.

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how corporate discounting would work for these plans. Right now I get 20% off of my primary line access and 20% off the unlimited data plan access. Would I be getting 20% off each $40 smart phone and then 20% off say the 4 gb plan's $70? If that is the way it would work, I would end up saving money each month.

Reactions: Karleen77

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It has nothing to do with when the phone is activated. It's when you agree to the terms. When I pre-ordered I agreed to the terms and gave Verizon permission to charge my CC the subsidized price.

Look at this way. You can re-up your contract for 2 more years and buy a subsidized phone. You can continue to use your old phone on the plan. Nothing says you HAVE to activate your new phone when you buy it. It could sit in the box collecting dust while you use your old phone on your new re-upped contract.

But what's the start date of your new contract? The day you order, or the day you activate your phone?

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

This is the confimation email, my reciept of purchase. So while Im not say you or that user is lying. I have a hard time beleiving, they would reverse the conditions on a bill of sale.
proof.jpg

Anything is possible...but if they do what you are suggesting. Ill cancel my order and if they dont let me keep unlimited. Ill be done with Verizon.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately this seems to be typical when VZW makes a big change. When they added the tiered plans, there was all sorts of different stories coming from phone support and retail stores. I just wish they would address situations like this. Just add it to the press release. "Samsung Galaxy S III preorders will not be affected".

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

You don't agree to the terms until you receive your phone and activate it.

I had a feeling that was why Verizon wasn't shipping their SG3s at the same time all the other carriers were.

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish we could some how find out for 100% sure on the preorder and keeping unlimited plan thing. I know my email confirmation shows that I was able to keep my current plan. But I am sure Verizon would not hesitate to screw us out of our old unlimited plans if they can. I just want to know so I can cancel the order and go with the Maxx so I can be sure to lock it in.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I was told the exact opposite when i called this morning and the rep even put me on hold to check with his supervisor. I don't think the rep I spoke with nor his supervisor were lying, but I suspect they didn't know themselves.

I think they are going to use the activation date as the date of upgrade and thus push us off the unlimited. I hope I'm wrong but things seem to be lining up toward that eventuality in light of new plan effective date and delay in ship date relative to other carriers.

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately this seems to be typical when VZW makes a big change. When they added the tiered plans, there was all sorts of different stories coming from phone support and retail stores. I just wish they would address situations like this. Just add it to the press release. "Samsung Galaxy S III preorders will not be affected".

This! Wouldn't that be better for them than everyone and their cousin tying up their CS lines calling to beg for reassurance that our unlimited data is safe? And then calling back again again as people get different answers?

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
You don't agree to the terms until you receive your phone and activate it.

I had a feeling that was why Verizon wasn't shipping their SG3s at the same time all the other carriers were.

I had to agree to the terms before I submitted my pre-order. According to my account on Verizon I no longer have an upgrade available.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to agree to the terms before I submitted my pre-order. According to my account on Verizon I no longer have an upgrade available.

That's what i was thinking --- because you can't get the phone for a price $199 unless you use your upgrade and agree to a contract for another 2 years. So technically, the day you order is the day your contract should begin -- regardless of when a phone is activated.

As another guy a few posts up said --- you can sign a new contract and keep using your old phone.

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

I preordered through my account but it still shows I have an upgrade available even though I agreed to terms with the preorder.

That's what i was thinking --- because you can't get the phone for a price $199 unless you use your upgrade and agree to a contract for another 2 years. So technically, the day you order is the day your contract should begin -- regardless of when a phone is activated.

As another guy a few posts up said --- you can sign a new contract and keep using your old phone.

The date you activate your phone is the day the contract goes into effect. When you activate your phone it will ask you if you agree to the terms of a two year contract.

VZW is holding their SG3s till after June 28th for a reason.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Your new contract doesn't start until you physically activate the phone though. So your upgrade date will be 20 months from the date of activation. You usually have 14 days from the date they send the phone to agree to the terms which is generally done when you activate it or they can charge you full retail for the phone. This one had the little popup when you pre-order though. Not sure if that was something new or what since I don't remember it from ordering online before. Maybe my memory is just that bad though. lol Pretty sure whey wouldn't bait & swtich like that though but maybe I'm giving them too much credit for a change.

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Alright everyone. This should put this discussion to rest.

I just spoke with Verizon support on the phone. I asked her the question and her first response was that I would lose my unlimited data, but that she "wasn't positive".

She went to speak with her supervisor and after about 10 minutes waiting she came back with a new answer.

Her supervisor informed her that while the new contract starts at activation, that the details of your plan are from when you PLACED YOUR ORDER. She said when I pre-ordered my phone that I had to select which data plan I wanted and that since I chose to keep the unlimited plan that is what will go into effect when I activate my phone.

I made very clear my concern. She said she completely understood and she told me she noted on my account the conversation we had and that I was assured of keeping my unlimited data by not only her but her supervisor.

Everyone who pre-ordered or plans to before the 28th can sleep easy now.

If you want that extra assurance, I suggest calling and having them note in your account the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick