VZW Share Everything Plans

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
If you try and make an upgrade on that line it will not let you.

Also, my account for that line says "Waiting for device to be activated. Please activate device once recieved."

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, my confirmation receipt clearly states "email and web unlimited, 29.99" not sure how they can make that change after the order was placed as those were the terms I agreed to when placing the order.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright everyone. This should put this discussion to rest.

I just spoke with Verizon support on the phone. I asked her the question and her first response was that I would lose my unlimited data, but that she "wasn't positive".

She went to speak with her supervisor and after about 10 minutes waiting she came back with a new answer.

Her supervisor informed her that while the new contract starts at activation, that the details of your plan are from when you PLACED YOUR ORDER. She said when I pre-ordered my phone that I had to select which data plan I wanted and that since I chose to keep the unlimited plan that is what will go into effect when I activate my phone.

I made very clear my concern. She said she completely understood and she told me she noted on my account the conversation we had and that I was assured of keeping my unlimited data by not only her but her supervisor.

Everyone who pre-ordered or plans to before the 28th can sleep easy now.

If you want that extra assurance, I suggest calling and having them note in your account the same.

Ok, this makes sense. Thanks.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how corporate discounting would work for these plans. Right now I get 20% off of my primary line access and 20% off the unlimited data plan access. Would I be getting 20% off each $40 smart phone and then 20% off say the 4 gb plan's $70? If that is the way it would work, I would end up saving money each month.

Same thing I'm wondering. Right now, I get 22% off first line on the family plan and 20% off first line data. No discount on additional lines. So if the same applies then my discount will be slightly less since first line of service ends up cheaper (current 1 st line $120 + 30 data vs new model $40 + $80 data) than their current billing model. I'll ask them when it gets close to launch to see what my discounts will be. I'm getting the GS3 full retail anyway so I can keep my unlimited (as long as they let me) if it doesn't make financial sense to switch.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I need to keep unlimited data, I am using nearly 5GB a month now and I only see this usage going up.... however, I would like a new phone soon, probably the S3.

I assume I keep my unlimited plan until I us their upgrade for a new phone? What if I never do so? What if I pay a premium for an unlocked phones on the 3rd market when I want to upgrade my phone and never re-up with Verizon, can I keep my current plan?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just not sure how the whole process will work and would like to find a way to keep unlimited without having to switch to Sprint which has sub-optimal coverage where I live.

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at what it would cost for me and with the limited data it would be $250 for my 5 lines and 2 smartphones. I currently pay around $215 with unlimited texting, unlimited data for my 2 smart phones and 1400 minutes. Maybe they'll change the prices who knows.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I need to keep unlimited data, I am using nearly 5GB a month now and I only see this usage going up.... however, I would like a new phone soon, probably the S3.

I assume I keep my unlimited plan until I us their upgrade for a new phone? What if I never do so? What if I pay a premium for an unlocked phones on the 3rd market when I want to upgrade my phone and never re-up with Verizon, can I keep my current plan?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just not sure how the whole process will work and would like to find a way to keep unlimited without having to switch to Sprint which has sub-optimal coverage where I live.

From what they've said so far, you should be able to activate an no-contract/unsubsidized phone (bought from where ever) in a year and keep unlimited as long as you have it now.

One thing I've yet to see answered is whether or not you could switch from 3G to LTE in a year and still be unlimited, even if you pay retail for the phone. My guess is no, so they'll snag the Apple loyalists who are on 3G now and waiting for the next iPhone. I'd guess quite a few Android users are already on LTE and this won't be an issue.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how corporate discounting would work for these plans. Right now I get 20% off of my primary line access and 20% off the unlimited data plan access. Would I be getting 20% off each $40 smart phone and then 20% off say the 4 gb plan's $70? If that is the way it would work, I would end up saving money each month.

Same thing I'm wondering. Right now, I get 22% off first line on the family plan and 20% off first line data. No discount on additional lines. So if the same applies then my discount will be slightly less since first line of service ends up cheaper (current 1 st line $120 + 30 data vs new model $40 + $80 data) than their current billing model. I'll ask them when it gets close to launch to see what my discounts will be. I'm getting the GS3 full retail anyway so I can keep my unlimited (as long as they let me) if it doesn't make financial sense to switch.

I just talked to a CS rep. She told me that my corproate discount will only apply to the voice service on the first line ($40). So with my 18% discount I would save a whopping $7.20 off of a $170 cell phone bill. I told her that was ridiculous considering I had to have a data plan with my smartphone and they aren't going to discount anything from the data service. Her response was "VZW is committed to providing the best nationwide network and customer service of any mobile carrier". That's when I told her I would be switching to AT&T instead of VZW! As an FYI, the cost was not going to go up for me with the new plans, but the discount is ridiculous. That won't even cover the taxes.

Reactions: scorpiodsu

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to a CS rep. She told me that my corproate discount will only apply to the voice service on the first line ($40). So with my 18% discount I would save a whopping $7.20 off of a $170 cell phone bill. I told her that was ridiculous considering I had to have a data plan with my smartphone and they aren't going to discount anything from the data service. Her response was "VZW is committed to providing the best nationwide network and customer service of any mobile carrier". That's when I told her I would be switching to AT&T instead of VZW! As an FYI, the cost was not going to go up for me with the new plans, but the discount is ridiculous. That won't even cover the taxes.

I wonder how long it'll take Verizon to figure out they've overplayed their hand.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how long it'll take Verizon to figure out they've overplayed their hand.

Unless a very very large number of people actually cancel their service instead of just complaining about it they didn't overplay their hand at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MazoMark

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
An update from the OP over on HowardForums:

"Yeah, I got sent to Telesales & he told me there was nothing to worry about, and inferred that the 2 CSRs I had talked to were morons. So nothing more to see here, sorry if I got anyone too worked up, just didn't want to see Verizon screw anyone else over."

jman5

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
unlimited data and pre-order of galaxy iii @ best buy

Hey All-

Any thoughts on a pre-order of the galaxy s iii at best buy and the retention of unlimited data. Upgrading 2 lines - can save $50/line on the phone, but not worth losing unlimited.

thanks

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I will say different companies have difference contracts so while yours may not discount data, another company will. However, for me, if it's only on the first line then I get less off than my current plan. Something to think about. I will still have to review the overall cost benefits (if any). Thanks again for the info.

Last edited:

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I asked Verizon on twitter, you CAN keep unlimited at best buy as long as you pre order

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
These new shared plans don't look like the traditional family share plans though. With the traditional plans it looks like there is one big pool of minutes attached to the main line which the other lines feed off of which is why the one large line would be the only one getting the discount. Where as these new plans look like the lines are tied to a large data pool and then each line is a single line connected to that pool. It would make more sense to discount the data pool and each line separately, but its VZW logic so who knows.

rgdave

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just called VZW (2:30PM ET), and was told that even though I preordered the S3 on June 6th, my unlimited data would NOT carry over to when the new phone shipped, and I would be on the new plan. I had her check with her supervisor, and she came back and said that preoders would NOT be covered if the phone is activated after June 28th. So another conflicting report from VZW on this.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
As I posted in the other unlimited data thread, their official Twitter told me that whatever is on the order confirmation would be what we keep. So if it is unlimited there, you keep unlimited. It would be nice if an hour would go by where I didn't see a conflicting report.

At this point I am worried there is going to be a run on the GS3 pre-order allotment and they will sell out while I am trying to find a consensus answer.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Soooooo basically the Verizon employees have no idea what is going on with regards to pre-orders.

And i read somewhere if preordering now, you are not being given a ship date at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick