Water damage, will my phone work once dried?

A

AC Question

water damage will my phone work once dried?

Yesterday I took my kids to play in the snow. As I was walking on icy walkways and I fell. At the time I had my baby girl so I was more worried about her. I notice I dropped my phone so I picked it up an put back in pocket. I didn't check for water damage and continue. I used my phone to record a video and take pictures it was working fine. When I got home, I notice my phone was dying it had maybe 2percent so it died. I tried charging it but it was not charging. At first I thought it was the cable so i change cables and nothing. For some reason i took out the battery and notice the water damage indicator red, on the phone. I had forgotten that i drop my phone earlier and i was trying to figure out how did it get wet. Right now my phone is in rice drying. will my phone work again?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: water damage will my phone work once dried?

Take the battery out while it is drying and you've got a good chance of being OK, but there are no sure things.

Miriam Quiroz

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: water damage will my phone work once dried?

Even though I tried charging my phone, used it to take pictures and let my phone died before I notice it had water damage. I always hear dont do anything to your phone and let it dry in rice.