We should get ICS on November 28

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Google should have their updates ready for their nexus line of phones day one. And source ready for manufacturers early or day one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Source is ready. There isn't even an ICS phone released in the US yet. Relax. You sound like one of the people complaining the GN isn't out yet and that it was promised in November, which it never was.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Source is ready. There isn't even an ICS phone released in the US yet. Relax. You sound like one of the people complaining the GN isn't out yet and that it was promised in November, which it never was.

You really don't see a problem with the Nexus S not having the update when they announced ICS?

I see major problems with that. It lets me know Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

I'm not leaving Android any time soon. But Apple really have the whole update thing for their phones down pact.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You really don't see a problem with the Nexus S not having the update when they announced ICS?

I see major problems with that. It lets me know Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

I'm not leaving Android any time soon. But Apple really have the whole update thing for their phones down pact.

So wait, Google is only supposed to announce the day its actually coming out? Are you kidding? Maybe you should switch to the iPhone. Apple is the only company I know of that unveils right before things come out. Google's priorities are fine. ICS isn't even out yet. Just because they announced it doesn't mean anything. If it takes till February, then you can complain, but they said around the end of the year. I'm sure that may have been pushed back with the GN delay. If you're that impatient, flash one of the many ICS ROMs out there. You do have a Nexus for Christs sake, that's kinda the point of it.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
So wait, Google is only supposed to announce the day its actually coming out? Are you kidding? Maybe you should switch to the iPhone. Apple is the only company I know of that unveils right before things come out. Google's priorities are fine. ICS isn't even out yet. Just because they announced it doesn't mean anything. If it takes till February, then you can complain, but they said around the end of the year. I'm sure that may have been pushed back with the GN delay. If you're that impatient, flash one of the many ICS ROMs out there. You do have a Nexus for Christs sake, that's kinda the point of it.

Smh... It's not good to be a fanboy. Really clouds your mind.

If Google is really serious about having Android being bigger than the iPhone then they will want to deliver instantly.

Google is always coming out with terrific products but support for them are usually late and by the time they release are always past due. Google seems to lack control. They can't get wallet on certain devices. They can't get verizon to release their flagship device in a timely manner. They still have carrier exclusives in America. And they can't get ICS on the Nexus S when announced. You would think a power company like Google could have some balls and put their foot down. And don't say anything about the open source crap. This isn't about that. This is about the Nexus devices.

Like I said. Google's priorities are messed up.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Smh... It's not good to be a fanboy. Really clouds your mind.

If Google is really serious about having Android being bigger than the iPhone then they will want to deliver instantly.

Google is always coming out with terrific products but support for them are usually late and by the time they release are always past due. Google seems to lack control. They can't get wallet on certain devices. They can't get verizon to release their flagship device in a timely manner. They still have carrier exclusives in America. And they can't get ICS on the Nexus S when announced. You would think a power company like Google could have some balls and put their foot down. And don't say anything about the open source crap. This isn't about that. This is about the Nexus devices.

Like I said. Google's priorities are messed up.

Its not good to be a troll...really clouds your mind.

Android IS bigger than the iPhone. Look at the stats.

By the time Google release things they are past due? Ask iPhone people how multi-tasking and notifications were working out all those years while we had it. Google is doing just fine, again, the numbers prove it.

They never announced a date for an official release. Seriously, relax. Idk why you're all bent out of shape about something that was just shown a month and a half ago and isn't on any US phones yet. Maybe Microsoft should have released Windows 8 last year when they first showed it off.

Again, if you think Apples way is so great, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Try to be a bit more patient than a 5 year old, or flash an ICS ROM. I regimens AOSP's, its running excellent.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Its not good to be a troll...really clouds your mind.

Android IS bigger than the iPhone. Look at the stats.

By the time Google release things they are past due? Ask iPhone people how multi-tasking and notifications were working out all those years while we had it. Google is doing just fine, again, the numbers prove it.

They never announced a date for an official release. Seriously, relax. Idk why you're all bent out of shape about something that was just shown a month and a half ago and isn't on any US phones yet. Maybe Microsoft should have released Windows 8 last year when they first showed it off.

Again, if you think Apples way is so great, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Try to be a bit more patient than a 5 year old, or flash an ICS ROM. I regimens AOSP's, its running excellent.

Not a troll. Just throwing out facts. Google's way of handling updates for the Nexus line is horrible. It should come when they announce it. Not a month or two after. Shoot ill even give them a week. That's long enough. Its a shame Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

This isn't about what features come in the iPhone updates. Its about when the update comes out. And the iphones updates come quick unlike Google's.

And the fact that they haven't announced a set day when apple can is what worries me about the Nexus line.

And I guess you didn't read my first response to you. I'm not leaving Android any time soon. I'm just smart enough to know when a company of Google's magnitude is being pushed around and punked by a company that needs it more than gGoogle needs it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Not a troll. Just throwing out facts. Google's way of handling updates for the Nexus line is horrible. It should come when they announce it. Not a month or two after. Shoot ill even give them a week. That's long enough. Its a shame Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

This isn't about what features come in the iPhone updates. Its about when the update comes out. And the iphones updates come quick unlike Google's.

And the fact that they haven't announced a set day when apple can is what worries me about the Nexus line.

And I guess you didn't read my first response to you. I'm not leaving Android any time soon. I'm just smart enough to know when a company of Google's magnitude is being pushed around and punked by a company that needs it more than gGoogle needs it.

Wow, no, you're just ridiculously impatient. Tech companies show off upcoming hardware/software all the time. Apple is the only one I can think of that only shows it when its coming out. No one else does this. I don't see what is so hard for you to understand about that. You are being completely unreasonable. So, I stand by what I said, if you're going to be that impatient and unreasonable, go to the iPhone.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I think what we're trying to say is that apple handles os releases a lot better than google(in our opinion).

Every year, Apple has a conference and shows the world the new os and its features, then they tell you when exactly the new os will release. (Imo) this is ALOT better because it keeps anticipation, rumors, anger, and disappointment from occurring since apple tells its users what date the os will be released. Google isn't handling ics or the GN the same way. We just wished that google would release its os updates the same way apple does (in order to avoid situations like this)

Reactions: koolkid09

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think what we're trying to say is that apple handles os releases a lot better than google(in our opinion).

Every year, Apple has a conference and shows the world the new os and its features, then they tell you when exactly the new os will release. (Imo) this is ALOT better because it keeps anticipation, rumors, anger, and disappointment from occurring since apple tells its users what date the os will be released. Google isn't handling ics or the GN the same way. We just wished that google would release its os updates the same way apple does (in order to avoid situations like this)

Okay, that's stated a bit better, but I'll take a position I take a lot here. We enthusiasts on these message boards are such a ridiculously small portion of the customer base. Companies can't make everyone happy. They are not worried about. 001% of their customer base getting annoyed because things aren't in their hand when they think it should be.

I will also say that Apple get away with this because their products sell themselves to the sheep. Everyone else shows their product off ahead of time tto drum up some talk

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, no, you're just ridiculously impatient. Tech companies show off upcoming hardware/software all the time. Apple is the only one I can think of that only shows it when its coming out. No one else does this. I don't see what is so hard for you to understand about that. You are being completely unreasonable. So, I stand by what I said, if you're going to be that impatient and unreasonable, go to the iPhone.

I'm not being unreasonable. Are apple fans being unreasonable when they demand their update they get almost instantly? No! So why am I being unreasonable for wanting my update on my phone ( a Nexus device at that) that we don't get until a month or two later. Google needs to get their priorities straight and tighten up on their Nexus line. To hell with the other phones. I'm strictly talking about nexus devices. No that's not to much to ask for.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site

Thank you. This is what I'm getting at.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not being unreasonable. Are apple fans being unreasonable when they demand their update they get almost instantly? No! So why am I being unreasonable for wanting my update on my phone ( a Nexus device at that) that we don't get until a month or two later. Google needs to get their priorities straight and tighten up on their Nexus line. To hell with the other phones. I'm strictly talking about nexus devices. No that's not to much to ask for.

When do Apple fans demand an update and get it instantly? I understand, you saw it, now you want it. Could they do it faster? Maybe. Are you being unreasonable and impatient? Most definitely.

Basically what would happen if you had your way is we still wouldn't have seen ICS. it would just come out. If they showed it a year before it came out, fine, but 2 months? Gimme a break. Again, there are no ICS devices out yet! And again, Google is not going to worry about. 001% of their customer base that gets bent out of shape because they want something now and can't understand that an unveiling doesn't equal a release.

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
When do Apple fans demand an update and get it instantly? I understand, you saw it, now you want it. Could they do it faster? Maybe. Are you being unreasonable and impatient? Most definitely.

Basically what would happen if you had your way is we still wouldn't have seen ICS. it would just come out. If they showed it a year before it came out, fine, but 2 months? Gimme a break. Again, there are no ICS devices out yet! And again, Google is not going to worry about. 001% of their customer base that gets bent out of shape because they want something now and can't understand that an unveiling doesn't equal a release.

No. If we had it my way every nexus device would have had ICS when it was announced. And the galaxy nexus would have been released a week or two after announced for all carriers. You know like how apple does their releases. Which is not unreasonable at all.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No. If we had it my way every nexus device would have had ICS when it was announced. And the galaxy nexus would have been released a week or two after announced for all carriers. You know like how apple does their releases. Which is not unreasonable at all.

I love how you ignore everything else I say. So, AGAIN, as I said, we wouldn't even had seen ICS yet. You can't compare Google with Android to Apple with the iPhone. Apples aand oranges. Plus, why in the hell would Google want to push the ICS update for the NS at the same time as the release of the GN. Sabotage their own sales? Brilliant.

Apple releases on all carriers now? When did this happen? T-Mobile still doesn't have one. Sprint just got theirs. Sounds like your Apple blinders are about as strong as your impatience.