Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

MrVaNupe

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, eventhough I just joined today, I've been coming to the site for past 5 months.. I'm a convert from my Pre' to the Epic 4g..

Now I can say I'm finally fixed, Received the OTA upgrade last night to EC05 from the EB13. Hopefully it will be more stable now.

Mr!

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
Been here for a little bit, had an evo, went back to a pre and now I'm on an Epic :) all within about a week lol
look forward to playing around with this new device for the next 28 days to see if its a keeper :)

eric.griffin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Epic for a couple of months and have been poking around this website for a couple of months. I am thinking about rooting the Epic! Great information on this site. Thanks to everyone.

unclefacts

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
hey there, I've been lurking and taking advantage of the massed minds here since last fall when I got my Epic. Have had you guys clear a lot of issues with the phone up for me with the knowledge base you put together, most recently the latest froyo .zip update using Odin. Made my phone much more useable and easier to live with, thanks!

fppc

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Old member returning

Hey all, I was here long ago when I had an Android Hero, I went to windows and now a WP7 HTC Arrive however my wife has a Samsung Epic and while she has loved the phone since Oct 2010 this new update has been a pain. I'll get into that on a thread elsewhere but I always do my own research before seeking help and will pass on whatever fixes I may discover. Thank you for being here as it seems most times us users know far more than any support from our carriers or manufacturer. Nice to be back.

oly8ball

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
New Android/Epic owner

Hi all......Just got my Epic on Tuesday(4/5/).....switched from PalmPre.......I am loving it......having fun getting it set how i like it.....1 thing that I miss from my palm is the audible and visual notification repeats....I work construction and don't always have my phone near or cant hear it right away........any suggestions on apps?

RJKinsman

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi All, I purchased an Epic in the first week of April. Well, I purchased it for me, but in less than 24 hours, forced it on my wife. I quickly realized that it's going to take some time for me to migrate from my Sprint Palm Pre Plus (a.k.a. franken-Pre). I love my Pre, but I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the Android world. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be much future for webOS on Sprint.

Anyway, I'm trolling these forums for tips on migrating to the Android.

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just picked up my Epic a couple of days ago. I've been visiting the forums on and off cause my wife got the Epic when it came out. Somebody had to learn how to use it. I'm a convert from blackberry, so far I've been very impressed with what this phone can do.

thedave9081

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
introduction

so i am not new to cell phone tricks but i was using a samsung blackjack, now i have the epic. this thing is sweet but i bricked it today. thank god for clockwork recovery mod 2.x.x.x

My name is Dave

I am looking to do all sorts of things to my phone

I wanna try to put ext4, cwm 3.x.x.x, and the frozen sydicate mod on here but alas that is what bricked my phone.

so here i am trying to learn more

bowmanm3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both got Epics yesterday and updated to EC05 right away. We both came from Pre's, and while we loved the OS we finally got tired of the hardware. We both love it so far. I use oovoo at work, s we both got that app for video call and it works really well whether its from phone to phone or phone to computer.

dabomb408

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my epic about a week and a half ago. looking forward to tweaking it and possibly rootin it! the thread here is full of info... thanks!!

ko57

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine, coming from AT&T, called them up-and can't wait to get this phone in.

My cousin has one, I like the keyboard and the screen display is awesome. Larger than my LG VU 920. I use my phone at work and looking at my small screen was hard on the eyes.

i did look at AT&T's Captivate but the Epic has more features, and for 19.99 @ Radio Shack's website, who can beat that?

Looking forward to getting this phone, and these forums seem quite helpful!! :D

tnuts

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
got the epic 4g about a month and a half ago. was honestly very unhappy w/ my purchase until i finally rooted the phone last week. now my battery life is awesome, and i have none of the sprint bloatware/spyware running in the background. i was running the syndicate frozen rom, but recently switched to the ace 2.0 after it was released (seems a bit more stable, just as fast/responsive, but that could just be me). loving rooted life now, thanks to all the great information/instructions in these forums

jvmaxwell

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My smartphone journey started with an HTC Mogul with WinMo 6.5. Then when the Pre came out my wife and I both upgraded to them (she had a Palm Centro). Then the Evo hit Sprint and she used the upgrade on our family plan and got it.

She felt bad about the old tech I was stuck with, and surprised me with the Epic for my birthday in September of last year.

I'm really liking the Epic. I have a thing for phones with keyboards.

I've been loving the ROMs and guides to rooting found here, so decided to join the forums finally.

Thus far I've tried MidNight 4.2, Midnight 5, Frozen, and ACE. I'm a ROM hopper.

On that note, has anyone else seen significant loss of battery life with Frozen and ACE? It seems to me that the Twilight Kernel is causing the problem, cause I flashed back to stock and added on another few hours of life.

piercenkc

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
this phone is AWESOME!!!

my aunt works for sprint, and she just got the nexus and decided to give me her epic. had a hero before - this baby just absolutely blows it out of the water.

loved my hero, probably the best phone i had owned up until this point...but this thing is incredible!

desertmoon62

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been a member since 12/10. I have a Epic and a Galaxy Tab. I love them both. I'm here to learn new things and hopefully share things I've learned.

dfoote626

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Greetings

Greetings all..My wife just got the EPIC, a week ago. I am here to learn more about the Droid family and software. I myself am coming from a Blackberry world, and will be soon migrating to the EVO world. Looking forward to hearing all the good/bad info that there is about the Epic...

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Wooooooot! Hey all, just moved over from a pre, and so far so good!

I am running syndicate frozen, and it rocks! Can someone point to how to get the stock apps back? I have them but not sure how to install.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i'm new, got the Epic over the weekend. Cool phone. My first android/smartphone. The nexus just came out. I'm wondering if i should return it to BB while i still can and get the Nexus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garthS153