What are my odds of AT&T honoring my original upgrade date for the Note 8? Opinions?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Because of the Note 7 ordeal, I "upgraded" to the S7E, which I hate. I spoke with an At&t chat rep twice (in Oct and Nov I think) who assured me my upgrade date would go back to when I originally got my N7, NOT the date I got the S7E. When I got the S7E the store rep said the upgrade would start from that date, NOT the date I got the N7. With the upcoming release date of the N8, I'll have to shell out another $125 or so to have paid off half the S7E. I have both chats saved in my email and printed out. What are the odds At&t will honor what those 2 chats said and let me get the N8 without paying the extra $125 or so, in essence allowing me to upgrade early?

Now, my husband is the KING of arguing until he either gets what he wants, or the very top person says no. When BB was all the rage, he argued all the way to Dan Hesey with Sprint to get me an early upgrade when the replacement phones they were giving me kept breaking.

TL;DR - I have 2 chat sessions saying I could upgrade from the date I got my original N7, not the date I had to get the S7E. Will At&t honor that?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
re: What are my odds of AT&T honoring my original upgrade date for the Note 8? Opinions?

Since you printed them off, you have something to hold them to. I would say that your chances are pretty good.

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
you have know chance of them honering you waved update . they gave you the option to ether get your 💰 back are get a different phone

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you printed them off, you have something to hold them to. I would say that your chances are pretty good.

Totally agree... where you saved the "chat data", you have proof that someone at AT&T told you you'd be eligible from the date of the Note 7 turn-in!

you have know chance of them honering you waved update . they gave you the option to ether get your ?????? back are get a different phone

...and "Old g", all she's talking about is when she will be able to "Upgrade" her S7E Phone, from the date that she got IT or the date that she turned in the first Note 7. Just a routine phone upgrade like we all get during the terms of our contracts, nothing to do with it being a Note 7 or not!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Idk if my chat sessions will fly but we'll see. I can argue had I known my original upgrade date would be lost, I'd have just paid cash for a cheap phone; which I thought about. Their erroneous information should not affect my pockets, nor should I have to wait extra time for my next Note. We'll see!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Idk if my chat sessions will fly but we'll see. I can argue had I known my original upgrade date would be lost, I'd have just paid cash for a cheap phone; which I thought about. Their erroneous information should not affect my pockets, nor should I have to wait extra time for my next Note. We'll see!

Thumbs_up.jpg

I downsized all my custom made emoticons 'cuz someone complained!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
On one hand, I would imagine that they will be a bit more understanding with people who were in the middle of the N7 ordeal, but all my past experiences with cell phone carriers tells me I'm wrong and that they will make it more of a headache than it already would be.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
On one hand, I would imagine that they will be a bit more understanding with people who were in the middle of the N7 ordeal, but all my past experiences with cell phone carriers tells me I'm wrong and that they will make it more of a headache than it already would be.

Operative word being "headache". If they do give in, I'm sure it won't be easy or immediate. But whatever...If it works, it's worth the effort.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You also said "Now, my husband is the KING of arguing until he either gets what he wants, or the very top person says no." I say "Put him in charge" if he's that good!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
You've got the proof so you have a good chance of getting your original upgrade date, may need to argue with customer service, store reps usually can't change the upgrade date in the system.

I also don't get how you liked the Note 7 but hate the S7 edge, excluding the S Pen it's the same software and hardware, slightly smaller screen.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
You've got the proof so you have a good chance of getting your original upgrade date, may need to argue with customer service, store reps usually can't change the upgrade date in the system.

I also don't get how you liked the Note 7 but hate the S7 edge, excluding the S Pen it's the same software and hardware, slightly smaller screen.

Honestly, I think I hate it because it's not the Note I felt forced to surrender. It's a constant reminder of what I miss most - the SPen and its separate features. No click of the pen for screen shots, no gifs, no doodling, no action memo, no ease of annotations in PDF, no precise drawing on screen shots... I really could go on. Had I never known the Note, I'd be perfectly content with this S7E. I remember thinking my S2(?) was all that. And then I met the Note 3. The rest is history.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say you have a 50/50 chance. I am not up to snuff on AT&T and their terms but with Verizon this most likely wouldn't fly. They have in their terms and conditions that they won't hold what chat reps say as evidence (or something of that nature). Basically a "screw you customer go away" thing.

AT&T may differ. I really say it depends on who you get. Carriers did a lot for the Note 7 and you even said the guy in-store told you as you were buying it (or before.. whichever) what was going to happen but you still signed the dotted line and went on with it.

Definitely a toss up.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I think I hate it because it's not the Note I felt forced to surrender. It's a constant reminder of what I miss most - the SPen and its separate features. No click of the pen for screen shots, no gifs, no doodling, no action memo, no ease of annotations in PDF, no precise drawing on screen shots... I really could go on. Had I never known the Note, I'd be perfectly content with this S7E. I remember thinking my S2(?) was all that. And then I met the Note 3. The rest is history.

I can respect that, you're one of the few who actually made good use of the pen. I've had a few notes, got a regular S7 last year because I wanted a smaller phone for a change, always liked it but it does lack a few of the useful pen features.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I can respect that, you're one of the few who actually made good use of the pen. I've had a few notes, got a regular S7 last year because I wanted a smaller phone for a change, always liked it but it does lack a few of the useful pen features.

There's nothing out there like it. It's more than "just a stylus". I love that thing. Unless Samsung does something crazy, like really reduce it to just a stylus, I'm hooked.

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
There's nothing out there like it. It's more than "just a stylus". I love that thing. Unless Samsung does something crazy, like really reduce it to just a stylus, I'm hooked.

Same here.

I wish you luck. Im not privvy to AT&T but ive had VZW customer service walk me through stuff that a store associate refused to do. If i recall.. i almost got that lady fired cuz she was a witch.. lol