What are you upgrading from and why?

LiterofCola

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sony Xperia z3 to the Sony Xperia z5 Premium when it's released next month. Love the Xperia series so far, need the better camera in the z5 (probably the best on the market), bigger screen and battery and a 4k screen wouldn't hurt either.

iPhoneSuks

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ATT Note 4. I despise not having root and having a locked bootloader. No freedom whatsoever. Camera and screen made my decision of choosing note 4 over the nexus 6 easy. As well as the nexus 6 being overpriced IMHO. But now with the nexus 6p I feel there's no compromises and it seems to be the perfect phone for me. Can't wait for it.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No phone or tablet upgrades, but I will be upgrading from Gear S to the Gear s2 (classic). Still using my Note Edge as my daily driver. I simply enjoy this phone! I haven't tried the circular UX on the Gear s2, but I think I'm going to like it. However, I will be waiting for the 3g version.

Quintonr

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 to the 5X or the 6P. I ordered both and my wife gets the phone that I don't want. I'm thinking I will like the 6p better though. My wife is using the Nexus 5.

a429n315

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
From: Nexus 5. This was truly my favorite smartphone of all time (well, perhaps this or nexus one). It did everything I wanted and it was a top of the line phone when it came out.

To: Nexus 6p (well, actually it was 5x and then went back and forth 3 times and finally settled with choosing the 6p).

Why: I have been looking to get another phone for a good 6 months but nothing was good enough and had all the things I wanted. I guess I was spoiled with the nexus 5. Sure, there are great premium phones out, but I never saw the value in forking over $700 to $800 on a phone that doesn't get quick OS updates and would be ignored after a year... basically, I'm a bargain hunter and like phones that are a good value. Also, I want to invest my money in something that would last and was a vanilla/pure nexus experience. I considered the oneplus two, but the whole invite system was just too silly to take serious. I wanted to replace my phone soon, and didn't want to wait aimlessly for an invite or a random 1hr open event at like 3am. I wanted to love the Moto X Pure but there were too many things missing... and it just didn't look good. I originally thought a large phone would be too big since I have smaller hands, so thats why I considered the 5x. My main gripes with the nexus 5 were 1) battery 2)stereo and 3)battery... I have kids and often play music and videos and we could barely hear the nexus 5. The worst thing was coming home from work and seeing that I have 20% battery from barely using the phone.

Despite the larger size, I felt the 6p would be a fun change of pace upgrade to the nexus 5. The 5x seemed too much like a semi updated nexus 5. I didnt see the value in paying $400 dollars for a phone that was more or less what I had. I hope I made the right choice...

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading from the Nexus 5. Getting the 6P. I want better battery life without having to carry around an external battery pack!

Kaiser King

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading from an LG G2. The phone still runs great, but I have cracked the screen slightly and was already looking for something new. I also can't wait to have a Nexus again after my Nexus 4's digitizer stopped responding.
Furthermore, the Nexus 6P seems to tick all the right boxes for me. It has a very large battery, dual front facing speakers, a large and beautiful display, and a very premium aluminum uni-body, which I've loved ever since the HTC One (M7) was first unveiled. The fingerprint scanner and the USB type-C port are also things I'm really looking forward to, as they improve the ease of use and security, whilst also making the phone more future-resistant.
Finally, their's the price. Staring at £440 (at Carphone Warehouse) or £450 (at the Google Store) in the UK, the phone cannot be described as 'cheap'. However, compared to other flagships of similar specs, the 6P is definitely the best value-for-money. Yes, the Moto X Style is slightly cheaper, but in my opinion, not as good. The aluminium uni-body, camera (potentially), fingerprint scanner, and the fast updates for at least 2 years, are worth more than the £40 you will save with the Moto.
The only thing that has me worrying about the 6P is the large bezels up front. I get that they are slightly bigger due to the front facing speakers(which I love), but they really make the phone look much bigger. Coming from a G2, with very thin bezels and a very high screen-to-body ratio, it will take some getting used to. Having said that, it still has a bigger screen-to-body ratio than the iPhone 6+ & 6S+ and the HTC One M9, which should be fine.

Overall, I cannot wait to use this amazing device, and to be a Nexus owner once again.

crazymario

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5s. I've been ready to leave Apple land for a while now, but could never find the phone that had everything I wanted. The 5s is already feeling dated, and I prefer much larger phones. I was tempted to get the Moto X 2015 PE, but I knew the new Nexus phones would be announced soon, and it turns out the 6P is exactly the phone I've been waiting for. And it's at a very reasonable price!

truebruin

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading from the Moto X 2014 on Verizon. After I found out that Motorola won't be updating me to Marshmallow, I decided to pull the trigger. I kind of wanted to see what the Blackberry Priv is like, but the 6P is too much to resist.

steven0188

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Droid maxx... The lack of updates(still on kit kat) , better hardware (looking forward to dinner print scanner especially), wanted a bigger phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am curious how the dinner print scanner works? I think you had a typo/auto correct go wrong lol.. :p

Emzee

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5S. I've had two iPhones, and no so smart phones before that. This will be my first android. I think I'm just... Over iPhones. Ready for a change. And if I don't like it, in two years I'll switch back.
Also, I got approved for Project Fi and a payment plan, so that was a huge deciding factor. I probably would have gotten the Note 5 if I hadn't been.
Now I just have to wait a month and a half to get the damn thing.... And I'm very impatient.

DBKILLN

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading from a Nexus 5 to a Nexus 6P 64GB. I usually upgrade once a year but last year was somewhat a sour year, didn't like the Nexus 6 size, coming from a 4.9" screen to a 6" screen wasn't an option but I've gotten use to the bigger screens so 6P it is, also my 5 is running a little slow. Wish there was a little more to 6.0 Marshmallow though

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wish there was a little more to 6.0 Marshmallow though
I'm kind of glad there isn't. New features are great if they're worthwhile, but dumping as many features as you can into a device is how you get things like Touchwiz. Better to keep things clean and lightweight.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Note 4, lollipop basically killed the phone. Lag, random freezes & horrible battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSJUU