What are you upgrading from and why?

jmh625

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Note 3. Best phone I have owned so far. Been getting very buggy lately and consuming way more battery than before. Looking forward to no bloat and a pure android experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4. I'd like a Nexus phone as I enjoyed my Nexus 7 2013 (before the 5.0 update gave it the ****s like so many of it's brothers).

tiredad

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
LG G4

Great camera, great ergonomics, bad (really bad) software. I still don't get how an OEW can take something so good i.e. stock android, and make it so bad. I get the need to differentiate the user experience for your brand but it must take effort to make it as bad as they do. I have my trusty old N5 and if it wasn't for the camera, which is very important to me, i'd still be using it to this day and have the G4 sitting in the drawer.

The N6P looks like i can have my cake and eat it too! fingers crossed for the camera living up to expectations.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I also requested an invite for Project Fi after I ordered my 6P.
Today my status changed from 'evaluating' to '3-4 weeks'!

That sucks....I requested one only so I could finance the 6P, got an instant invite but then denied for the financing so I'm not even gonna use Fi! Too bad they aren't transferable cuz I'd happily give it to someone who was actually going to put it to use.

ausch30

May 19, 2010
Visit site
First gen Moto G

Over night one night about a month ago my M8 just stopped charging and I haven't been able to get it to charge since. I bought the Moto G off of Craigslist for $60 while I waited for the Nexus announcement. Now I have a 64GB 6p coming...eventually.

jddunkley

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
2013 Nexus 5 because my screen is cracked REALLY bad and the GPS barely works anymore (probably from all the drops...). Otherwise I probably would try to stick it out another year. It's still a great phone! But I'm much more excited for my Nexus 6P :D

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
2013 Nexus 5 because my screen is cracked REALLY bad and the GPS barely works anymore (probably from all the drops...). Otherwise I probably would try to stick it out another year. It's still a great phone! But I'm much more excited for my Nexus 6P :D

I've had gps issues on that phone for a long time, might just be the phone.

JJaret

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Verizon G4

I can finally get a Nexus from Google and use on Verizon. I'm tired of waiting for security updates and software upgrades that never come. LG & Verizon drive me crazy.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
LG G4 is what I have right now. Reason is due to me having to pay out right(Verizon unlimited) for my phone.. Need to sale the G4 before value drops to much. Plus I miss that pure Android feel and look. I don't like all these gimmicks LG has ether. I will miss the IR tho,,due to me putting the remote in odd places.lol

Posted via the Android Central App

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not upgrading. I was thinking of getting a 6P, actually even ordered one then cancelled it. It looks like a great phone, though. The DXO report on the 6P camera is especially great to see because Nexus cameras have always been so lackluster.

I am sticking with my Galaxy S6. I have been messing around a lot more lately with the S6 phone features, and even messing with some of the themes after spending most of my time with the Google Now launcher. Really, despite all the complaints I hear/read about, the S6 is a really great phone, Touchwiz is significantly better than my last Samsung (S3), I can't see switching being worthwhile for me. Battery life is meh, but nothing an external battery doesn't easily take care of. The camera on the S6 is why I switched from a Nexus 5 and frankly, it is really really good; if the Nexus 6P camera somehow turns out to be leaps and bounds better then maybe I will jump.

ohio_pugmom

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
galaxy s3 - usually i upgrade phones more often, but I was lazy and didn't want to pay full price for a phone (have vzw unlimited data) :) my signal/reception blows in my house, so I am hopeful the 6p will have decent reception!
chose 6p....
ruled out ip6s+ because of cost
ruled out moto x pure due to camera worries
hoping the 6p will meet my needs!

Scott93274

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Moto X 2013, upgrading to the Nexus 6P for...
Immediate OS updates,
Android 6.0,
Google Fi and cutting my monthly phone bill by half,
Better battery, camera, finger print scanner, and pretty much everything hardware wise.

I will admit that I'll miss the custom Motorola software, the phone silencing itself at night or when my Google Calendar shows that I'm busy, reading me texts while driving, and launching the camera with the twist of the wrist. I was going to go for the Moto X Pure, but the overall Nexus experience was just too much to resist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaseonthecase