What cases have you found?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just received the Latercase. Liking it so far. Very minimalistic, not sure on how well it would do as far as drop protection, but should protect from scratches. I have been using Samsung leather case which I like as well. The fit on both are superb so will probably switch back and forth between the two.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Found this on eBay which has both kick stand and open holder. It is good but the front protector is thick for my liking and so I kept the original Samsung front protector replacing only the back part photos here

Attachments

• 27844.jpg
    27844.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 54

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just did the Spigen Franken Case. I forgot what each case is called, but the back is the one with the stand and the front is the one that holds the S pen. Not the nicest combo, but it works.

Note4u

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Just received the Latercase. Liking it so far. Very minimalistic, not sure on how well it would do as far as drop protection, but should protect from scratches. I have been using Samsung leather case which I like as well. The fit on both are superb so will probably switch back and forth between the two.

I have the latercase also. I like the feel(skin stickiness) of the Samsung aramid much more, but I like that the latercase goes over the camera bump. I have been switching back and forth between those two and the spigen pen case(really like this one).

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine sports the aramid case, which I think is great and I also use the black leather case. In my opinion they both look and feel great.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The spigen spen case I ordered on Amazon on September 9 shipped today. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Sucks it don't cover hinge tho.

Spigen Thin Fit P Designed for Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G Case (2021) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0995WPCX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7009851
How has the case been doing? I have read some complaints on the hinge area of the phone getting scratched up, have you had this issue? Overall do you recommend it?

My brother got one and of all the cases I've seen for the folding phones, this one gets my attention. I've got one on order but it's still on back order so I can cancel it yet. I was amazingly impressed with the case, up to this point I've been dead set against a case for it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
How has the case been doing? I have read some complaints on the hinge area of the phone getting scratched up, have you had this issue? Overall do you recommend it?

My brother got one and of all the cases I've seen for the folding phones, this one gets my attention. I've got one on order but it's still on back order so I can cancel it yet. I was amazingly impressed with the case, up to this point I've been dead set against a case for it.

Now this case you referring to, I haven't had any issues with it scratching the hinge. Case itself has been fine and nice to have somewhere for spen to be housed. But I don't like that it don't cover the hinge. Over all I do recommend the case if you ok with the hinge being exposed when the phone is closed. I feel it will protect rest of phone, just not the hinge much. I know spigen sells a hinge film protector with a front display screen protector. Im sure there are others on Amazon. Now this case in link below I had on my old z fold 2 and it did scratch up the hinge and back of case. That is why I have been hesitant on getting that for the z fold 3. Sorry I don't have any pics. My vrs one I got for my z flip 3 scratches the heck out if top of case but not hinge. Makes case look horrible. I'll take pic of that one and update post in a few.

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-2-case-slim-armor-pro

https://vrsdesign.com/products/galaxy-z-flip-3-case-terra-guard-active

I'm looking at this one for z fold 3 that just came out from VRS. I'm just waiting to see if they will come out with green so I can match it with my green z fold 3 lol.

https://vrsdesign.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-3-5g-case-terra-guard-s-pen-cover-type

Attachments

• 20211123_221419.jpg
    20211123_221419.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211123_221439.jpg
    20211123_221439.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211123_221432.jpg
    20211123_221432.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Now this case you referring to, I haven't had any issues with it scratching the hinge. Case itself has been fine and nice to have somewhere for spen to be housed. But I don't like that it don't cover the hinge. Over all I do recommend the case if you ok with the hinge being exposed when the phone is closed. I feel it will protect rest of phone, just not the hinge much. I know spigen sells a hinge film protector with a front display screen protector. Im sure there are others on Amazon. Now this case in link below I had on my old z fold 2 and it did scratch up the hinge and back of case. That is why I have been hesitant on getting that for the z fold 3. Sorry I don't have any pics. My vrs one I got for my z flip 3 scratches the heck out if top of case but not hinge. Makes case look horrible. I'll take pic of that one and update post in a few.

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-2-case-slim-armor-pro

https://vrsdesign.com/products/galaxy-z-flip-3-case-terra-guard-active

I'm looking at this one for z fold 3 that just came out from VRS. I'm just waiting to see if they will come out with green so I can match it with my green z fold 3 lol.

https://vrsdesign.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-3-5g-case-terra-guard-s-pen-cover-type
Thanks. I'm going to stick with the Spigen one with Spen support. I've seen it in person and don't want to spend a bunch of money on ones I haven't seen. I was surprisingly ok with the Spigen. I personally don't want the hinge cover, that looks like a lot of bulk to me.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I haven't received my fold 3 but ordered the Aramid cover from Samsung. It doesn't cover the hinge but I'll probably just put a skin over it. I think the Spigen is too expensive at $80 and have heard mixed reviews about the hinge cover scratching it. Assuming there is a skin for the hinge...

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Already have the regular Terra Guard but this was released in the USA last night so I ordered this. I used the code VRSBF2021 for 35% discount.

https://vrsdesign.com/products/gala...-s-pen-cover-type?_pos=1&_sid=729fee5f5&_ss=r

Just ordered this based on your post.

I currently have the Spigen Slim Armor Pro, so I'm not only used to these heavy, tanky cases, I absolutely love the hinge protection offered by both.

Having this new case, with a place to store the SPen, (which I just also ordered now, lol), is awesome.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I'm going to stick with the Spigen one with Spen support. I've seen it in person and don't want to spend a bunch of money on ones I haven't seen. I was surprisingly ok with the Spigen. I personally don't want the hinge cover, that looks like a lot of bulk to me.

You're welcome. I understand that. There you go. Since you ok with no hinge protection, that is a pretty good case then😊

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Seems through the years VRS Design....or Verus as it was called a long while back, has been hit and miss as far as case function, design, and asthetics. At least for me it has always been back and forth between Spigen and VRS Design for my Galaxy Notes but VRS Design has nailed it this year with the Z Fold 3.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received my fold 3 but ordered the Aramid cover from Samsung. It doesn't cover the hinge but I'll probably just put a skin over it. I think the Spigen is too expensive at $80 and have heard mixed reviews about the hinge cover scratching it. Assuming there is a skin for the hinge...

I'm thinking of doing this as well. For $80 the least Spigen could do is ensure the case itself doesn't damage the device. Let us know if you find anything good!