What cases have you found?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the folio spen case. Not that I am a huge fan of it as much as I swap phones too much and I'm tired of the Sim tray being covered from the front cover.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I just received the VRS Design Terraguard S case. Obviously going to be wider than the regular Terraguard but still looks okay. Some may be turned off by the bulk but it holds the S-Pen and the hinge protector makes it easier to hold. I am keeping it for sure.
7805fc14837c28f32a2ccf35659fde57.jpg
79fc26238fc9536c6657bff8d10b551d.jpg
d63507c87ec8e9e668c83ed5532d3a8e.jpg
87774adc38c5d89a5b6db834898a8e74.jpg
1b81af6990abbbb336bec898a0402527.jpg

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I like this case quite a lot. The front is very snug, doesn't move around at all when opening or closing. I am not using any of the included adhesive strips. The front piece is the exact same as the one that came with the regular Terra Guard. The rear piece with the hinge protector is pretty solid. It isn't creaking and I am not using any adhesive strips for that part either. Also, the hinge protector slides downward and for now takes a little force to operate, which is a good thing. It doesn't seem like it will accidentally open.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I like this case quite a lot. The front is very snug, doesn't move around at all when opening or closing. I am not using any of the included adhesive strips. The front piece is the exact same as the one that came with the regular Terra Guard. The rear piece with the hinge protector is pretty solid. It isn't creaking and I am not using any adhesive strips for that part either. Also, the hinge protector slides downward and for now takes a little force to operate, which is a good thing. It doesn't seem like it will accidentally open.

I ordered this the day you first posted about it.

The next day I got an email saying it has shipped, and a tracking number.

Now, a week later, the tracking still says, "Shipping label created, waiting for item."

I emailed them just a bit ago today , and got an automated reply about how busy they are, they're short staffed, and if I don't hear from them after two weeks... TWO WEEKS?... to please send a reminder email.

I suppose it could just be the post office not updating tracking, but it really should have been here by now.

So far I'm not impressed with this company.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really didn't know when the case would arrive. The tracking number provided was actually the same exact number from August that was the original Terra guard order. When entering the order number and email in VRS Design's website, it said to contact customer service about my order. So to my surprise, it arrived yesterday. I didn't come home until today so this morning was my first opportunity to use the new case. So who knows what's going on with how VRS Design is handling the orders.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I really didn't know when the case would arrive. The tracking number provided was actually the same exact number from August that was the original Terra guard order. When entering the order number and email in VRS Design's website, it said to contact customer service about my order. So to my surprise, it arrived yesterday. I didn't come home until today so this morning was my first opportunity to use the new case. So who knows what's going on with how VRS Design is handling the orders.

Meh... part of the fuel for my annoyance is having waited for such a case since the a Fold 3 came out, finally having one available, and now having no clue when it will arrive... has made me frustrated, lol.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Meh... part of the fuel for my annoyance is having waited for such a case since the a Fold 3 came out, finally having one available, and now having no clue when it will arrive... has made me frustrated, lol.

I ordered this case before these new comments on waiting. I have my USPS tracking number since yesterday, but no movement since then. I hope to see something today, but if I don't, I'm going to get pretty frustrated.

Someone commented earlier they got the same tracking number from a previous order... what is your tracking number?

Mine is (partial number): 9400...89863

I am asking because if this is not legit and they are just sending everyone the same number, it's about to get ugly...

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered this case before these new comments on waiting. I have my USPS tracking number since yesterday, but no movement since then. I hope to see something today, but if I don't, I'm going to get pretty frustrated.

Someone commented earlier they got the same tracking number from a previous order... what is your tracking number?

Mine is (partial number): 9400...89863

I am asking because if this is not legit and they are just sending everyone the same number, it's about to get ugly...

I FINALLY got an update late yesterday afternoon.

It's now actually shipped/moved, and is expected to be here, "By Saturday, Dec 4th."

I'm hoping that "By..." means before Saturday, lol.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
USPS is pretty spot on, if nothing else, about delivery dates, so I would expect it on or possibly a day before, at least, that is what happens around here. :D

I had something arrive yesterday that was supposed to be here today. :)

Glad there is movement! I want this case! :D

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So I just received the VRS Design Terraguard S case. Obviously going to be wider than the regular Terraguard but still looks okay. Some may be turned off by the bulk but it holds the S-Pen and the hinge protector makes it easier to hold. I am keeping it for sure.

Very nice. I want it but still waiting to see if they bring it out in green.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
usps is pretty spot on, if nothing else, about delivery dates, so i would expect it on or possibly a day before, at least, that is what happens around here. :d

i had something arrive yesterday that was supposed to be here today. :)

glad there is movement! I want this case! :d

Whaaaaa hoooooooo !!!

:D

Screenshot_20211202-081649_Brave.jpg

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I got this case today, and wanted to provide some thoughts, most specifically in how it compares to the Spigen Slim Armor Pro... the other case with a similar hinge protector that this replaces.

If you're interested in making your phone lightweight... use one of these types of cases for a few months, then take it off.

I never knew a lousy 2 ounces could make such a difference, lol.

1) The hinge protector is bigger, protrudes out more, due to needing to hold the SPen. This makes the overall package wider when closed, but not an issue for me, but it might matter to others.

2) I... like some reviewers of the Spigen said about it... actually like that the hinge protector actually makes the phone easier to hold when opened. This hinge protector being a bit bigger, actually makes it even easier to hold than the Spigen.

3) For some reason... I'm guessing due to the various cut out/textured design of this case vs the just flat design of the Spigen... I fumble, and almost drop, the phone every time I open it. I never, not once, had any issues opening the Spigen. Hopefully, with more practice, this issue will go away.

4) For the cut out for the volume/power/FPS buttons, the back part actually has a lip to it, the Spigen was flush over that area. This makes it harder to touch/press those buttons, since at times my finger hits the lip of the cut out, not the buttons.

5) Speaking of cut outs, they all line up perfectly over the speakers and mic.

6) The need for the adhesive strips. I ended up having to use them on the Spigen since the left side of the case kept shifting off to the left every time I opened it. Pro tip, cut the adhesive strip portion that would otherwise cover the antenna cover off so there's no strip there; upper right side. Too many reports of the cover being ripped off when removing the case. HOWEVER, I have NOT needed to use the adhesive strips that came with this case. Again, for whatever reason, there's no shifting or anything when I open the phone, it all just fits, and stays on.

7) A biggie folks here seem to be concerned with. The metal pieces inside the hinge, and potential scratching. There were similar concerns with the Spigen, though the hinge protector is designed a bit differently, it does have some metal. First off, if you have one of these cases, watch closely along the hinge as you slowly open it, you'll see that there's no way those pieces can touch the hinge, they never come near it. Now, the Spigen was a bit different... the metal also never came near the hinge when opening, BUT, if the metal broke away from the plastic piece holding it, it most assuredly scratched the hinge. I followed a reviewer's suggestion, and put a strip of black electrical tape along the hinge... so even if some piece of metal from the hinge protector rubbed it, there'd be no scratches on the hinge. Some people were aghast at putting adhesive/tape on the hinge... to those folks I say... uh, relax, lol

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got this case today, and wanted to provide some thoughts, most specifically in how it compares to the Spigen Slim Armor Pro... the other case with a similar hinge protector that this replaces.

... [edited]

Thanks SO MUCH for this well written post on this case. I ordered it and am excited about getting it (if the damn thing will just ship already (have a tracking number, but no movement for a few days)).

I will definitely look into the Hinge as you stated. I have no issues with putting some electrical tape on it if it makes me feel better. Same thought as you for those that balk at putting some tape on it. lol !!!

The size of the hinge was worrisome, but you took care of those worries for me. I have the Samsung Leather right now with no hinge protection, so I hope the transition to this will not be too bad. I am not a HUGE fan of the added bulk, but unless I am wearing Jeans, I don't think it will be much of an issue as I don't wear Jeans much at all. LOL!

A few questions that you did not touch on too much is the SPen holder.

1. How secure is the SPen in the holder?
  2. How easy/hard is it to remove the SPen cover to get to the pen?
  3. How is the case if you leave the SPen cover off and use the pen (do you have to replace the hinge cover to use it well)?
  4. Does it seem like the hinge/SPen cover will get loser after a lot of use or does it feel like it will stay pretty sturdy after using for a while?

Also, can you post a few pics of where you did NOT use the adhesive for the case? :)

Thanks and hope that is not too much to ask! :D

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks SO MUCH for this well written post on this case. I ordered it and am excited about getting it (if the damn thing will just ship already (have a tracking number, but no movement for a few days)).

I will definitely look into the Hinge as you stated. I have no issues with putting some electrical tape on it if it makes me feel better. Same thought as you for those that balk at putting some tape on it. lol !!!

The size of the hinge was worrisome, but you took care of those worries for me. I have the Samsung Leather right now with no hinge protection, so I hope the transition to this will not be too bad. I am not a HUGE fan of the added bulk, but unless I am wearing Jeans, I don't think it will be much of an issue as I don't wear Jeans much at all. LOL!

A few questions that you did not touch on too much is the SPen holder.

1. How secure is the SPen in the holder?
  2. How easy/hard is it to remove the SPen cover to get to the pen?
  3. How is the case if you leave the SPen cover off and use the pen (do you have to replace the hinge cover to use it well)?
  4. Does it seem like the hinge/SPen cover will get loser after a lot of use or does it feel like it will stay pretty sturdy after using for a while?

Also, can you post a few pics of where you did NOT use the adhesive for the case? :)

Thanks and hope that is not too much to ask! :D

Not too much to ask at all... hopefully part of why we're all on these forums is to help one another.

To your questions.

1) It's like a momma holding her baby... or my 20 yr old son holding his phone... extremely secure, no rattling, shifting, or issues.

2) The cover is a bit tight to slide down to get to the SPen, but you want this so it's not just sliding down on its own. I suspect that it will loosen up a bit over time and use, (though maybe not), and if it does I hope it's not to the point of sliding down on its own. Only time will tell there.

3) You cannot remove the hinge cover itself, but the part that slides up and down to cover/uncover the SPen can actually come off if you slide it down and all the way off. There's no reason to do this, for me anyway. Just slide it down enough to get the SPen out, slide it back up, use SPen, slide it back down, replace SPen, slide it back up.

4) See 2 above.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Not too much to ask at all... hopefully part of why we're all on these forums is to help one another.

To your questions.

... [edited]

Thanks for the information! Sweet that it does not need to come all the way off to get the pen in and out! :D

As long as it stay secure when closed, I am not too overly concerned about it getting looser when using, but staying shut is a must as I don't want to risk losing the cover. :D

Thanks again!

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Dont feel bad about the lazy shipping and lack of responses. Dbrand is just as slack. Zero email response after not being shipped and then the ole "just add the shipping label bs" and never actually send the package when the label is made until maybe DAYS later. This is quite common on eBay. That way to the buyer it appears as if punctual shipping was done. Its all a deceitful bunch of horse sh*t. I'm sure we're all getting what we paid for eventually but its still pretty lame.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information! Sweet that it does not need to come all the way off to get the pen in and out! :D

As long as it stay secure when closed, I am not too overly concerned about it getting looser when using, but staying shut is a must as I don't want to risk losing the cover. :D

Thanks again!

I'm really digging it so far.

I've gotten over the fumbling when opening issue now, lol.

Still annoyed about the lip near the buttons though.

I either have to shift my finger a bit so that I'm not touching the lip at all, just the buttons, basically only half my finger fits, or I touch as I'm used to doing, where my index finger is centered, but then it's sitting on the lip, a tad over the buttons, and I have to press harder in order to make contact with the buttons, or sort of rotate my finger to the side to touch the buttons.

I think I'm going to grind that lip down.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
6) The need for the adhesive strips. I ended up having to use them on the Spigen since the left side of the case kept shifting off to the left every time I opened it. Pro tip, cut the adhesive strip portion that would otherwise cover the antenna cover off so there's no strip there; upper right side. Too many reports of the cover being ripped off when removing the case. HOWEVER, I have NOT needed to use the adhesive strips that came with this case. Again, for whatever reason, there's no shifting or anything when I open the phone, it all just fits, and stays on.

Where is the antenna cover and how do you avoid it getting ripped off? I wasn't aware that this was a problem with any case (I'm currently using a Spigen Thin Fit).

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick