What defects are you living with on your Nexus?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought two when AC had a 4 hour special, got them for $90 each. No problems at all, work great. Wife came from iPhone and I came from a Captivate. Loving the screens, loving the LTE, really loving the camera for all the kids, wife is now addicted to Navigate.

Couldn't be better.

brainless#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The only I got is that the call waiting will automatically answer the call and hang up on the first caller . It has done it on both 4.0.4 and 4.0.2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
No real issues here. Slight frustration with occasional data drop. Nothing major like some have reported. Must be lucky I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Easily scratched the body of the phone (at least the screen is still flawless for me). Other than that, it's all good!

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have one with signal issues. Verizon sent me a replacement a couple of weeks ago that had a terrible screen, so I sent it back. They're supposed to send me another replacement, tested by tech support before sending, this week. We'll see. My worry when buying this Samsung device was lack of updates. But I thought with it being a Nexus, they'd have to update it, lest they piss off Google. Now six months in I am looking to abandon it, even though I've unlocked and rooted it and am running 4.0.4. I have to believe the delay is because 4.0.4 does NOT fix the signal issues. My money is on a 4.0.5 OTA. But if Verizon gets an HTC One before that, my SGN will be on eBay.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The absolute worst is the wifi that goes to sleep when the screen turns off. So frustrating because I listen to a lot of streaming music using wifi at home. Slacker, Pandora, Amazon all shut off when the screen shuts off. I'm not even sure if the update will address that issue or not.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having a difficult time typing on mine. It's like the screen won't register my touch when using the keyboard, making it impossible to type at times.
Used different keyboards and still the same.
Doing Fast Reboot temporarily fixes the issue.

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
1. Random Reboots
2. Camera stops working till I do a reboot
3. Network unavaliable
4. stickey keys when typing

Never been rooted/rom original nexus i bought on launch day

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the worst defect ever by my friend's opinion. Mine works fine without anything wrong and all the Nexus owner I know hate me. I know 4 other people with Nexi and I sympathize it is horrible that Samsung can produce a phone with such bad quality control. I can't blame Verizon or Google because I have the same software on my phone as them and mine is great. Plus Google and Verizon can't be expected to fix something Samsung could have done more in the first place before letting it get this far.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe