What's the best launcher for the Galaxy S5?

freightguy70

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey. Have you tried going under advanced and clicking aggressive desktop. My widgets were acting up and when I checked this my problems went away.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought Nova right away but found GO Launcher Prime to be my favorite.... (because of the pretty girly themes)

Perhaps I'm just way to much into personalizing stuff!

Posted via the Android Central App

I tried Go Launcher, but all of that frilly stuff turned me OFF, and I got rid of it. Too much fluff in it for me.

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Does Nova Prime have any themes? I didn't find any within that app. Maybe I'm missing something..... (I'm a noob) =)

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I like Apex. I've tried several different ones, including Nova, but the free version of Nova didn't have some of the features that Apex does - you have to get the Prime version of Nova to get them. Specifically, the ability to hide apps in the app drawer - I like that feature.

freightguy70

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Does Nova Prime have any themes? I didn't find any within that app. Maybe I'm missing something..... (I'm a noob) =)

You have to download an icon pack. Then go under Nova settings, look and feel and change it from there.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

navymoms

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova Prime. It was easy to install and set up. Just googled and followed directions. Once I quit using TW and switched to Nova, the new icon packs and HD wallpaper made the screen pop. I have had my GS5 since June and was a convert from iPhone 5. The best thing about Android is the ability to make the phone your own. I installed iOS 8 on my husband's iPhone 5s last night and could not believe how graphically challenged iPhone 5s looks to me now.

PamelaMichel

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I used Go Launcher Prime for the last two years with my Galaxy S3, because TW had soooo much bloat ware. But since I've gotten my S5, wow! Touch Wiz is not half as bad as it was on the other Galaxys. I just got it for my Bday on the 11th, so I'm keeping TW at least until I get used to the phone. It is superfast & Whew! A big jump from the S3 to the S5 and I love it!

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
If you like using go, should try next 3d launcher. It's build to run on a phone with the spec like gs5.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime, hands down. I tried Themer & it was a huuuuge battery hog. Used to love Apex too, but it got all buggy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

deefster

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Smart launcher is great. Simplicity is what I'm after. I can find what I'm looking for quickly, and never need app icons scattered all over my wallpapers.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Smart launcher is great. Simplicity is what I'm after. I can find what I'm looking for quickly, and never need app icons scattered all over my wallpapers.

Pulling all that clutter together is why I went to Nova Prime,

I have 2 home pages now.

The main one, and one with Folders on it. Most of these will be self explantory.

• Finance
  • Internet
  • GPS
  • News
  • WiFi
  • Weather
  • Tools, this holds all of those "oh so ever neat apps we all like"
  • Google ( all of their crap in this one )

That so far, has taken care of every thing I use on my phone.

Yup, GAMES is missing because I turned them all OFF. sniff, sniff... I'm not a game player.

mug203

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I like Smart Launcher. I keep the drawers sorted by most used.

I don't like to spend time moving icons around. I let the launcher do it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201