When I press the microphone to do a Google search on the home page--sometimes there is a 10 second delay. Why is it doing this?

pcumming

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
When I press microphone to do google search on home page--sometimes 10 second delay.

When I press microphone to do google search on home page--sometimes 10 second delay.
Verizon...

On S6 I notice whether at home with wifi or out with only cell data, that when I press the mic icon to do a google voice search I will see a white screen for up to 10+ seconds until the word "Listening" pops up.

It is as if it cannot connect to the service to perform the voice search immediately.
Once it does connect, I can perform a web voice search with absolutely no delay...

Was not always this way.

Thoughts??

Under running apps, Google App is of course running.

I did disable these apps but not sure any would make a difference-except perhaps Cloud???

Note: I am not syncing Gmail or using a Google Email account for contacts, email, etc.. (Yahoo--ugh for now)
I of course have a gmail acct.

DISABLES
Anything Amazon
Briefing
Cloud ??
DT ignite
Google Play Music
Google +
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies and TV
Google Play Games
Message+
S Beam
S Voice
Slacker
S Health
S Beam
Print Spooler
NFL Mobile
Milk (and Milk Video)
Instagram
Hangouts
Facebook

Thanks
Peter

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have always had a delay when I do a Google search from the search bar on my S6. Im just referring to a regular search without mic, basically I tap the search bar and there is a 2 second delay before Google pops up then 1 second later the keyboard pops up. I never had this on my HTC m7 and I'm not sure if it's a Google or Samsung issue/bug?

dreaming of electric sheep

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: When I press microphone to do google search on home page--sometimes 10 second delay.

As I wrote that I thought it may have been caused by power saver mode, so I turned off power saver mode and the delay is now gone. Worth a try.

dreaming of electric sheep

pcumming

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: When I press microphone to do google search on home page--sometimes 10 second delay.

Hmm will try turning off power saving.
Thanks
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones