Who got fed up of waiting?

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No because at the end of the day, I waited a year, what's another 5 weeks. And next year the N4 will still be getting timely updates. The S3 won't.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally ordered my 16gb N4 in Canada today. Yippie. They said 1-2 weeks shipping.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not to be "that guy," but how is the SGIII a better phone fact? The things that make it "better" are purely opinion, things like LTE support (doesn't affect me), removable SD card (I for one couldn't care less)...other than that they spec out almost identically (if not with the N4 slightly edging out the SGIII).

Better battery, no buzzing in the earpiece better camera, a back that will not shatter, better internal storage capacity.

Anything else you need?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Better battery, no buzzing in the earpiece better camera, a back that will not shatter, better internal storage capacity.

Anything else you need?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

It's a matter of preference, as are all cell phones, but I disagree on a few of your points.

Batteries are on par according to all tests. Both are 2100mAh and the LG goes 800 charging cycles.
Buzzing has only been on some of the Nexus 4's and is present on some other phones as well.
Better camera. That one I'll give you. S3's camera is better.
Back that doesn't shatter. Nexus will shatter easier but I've seen plenty of people crack the back of their S3's.
Better Internal storage capacity? That depends on which carrier you're on as not all carriers in the US sell the 32GB version.

Things that are better on Nexus 4-
Quad-core S4 pro with Adreno 320 GPU vs. Dual-core S4 with Adreno 225 GPU in S3.
Software updates will be better on Nexus 4. Yes, CM 10 is good but there are always things that don't work with his, and other ROM's.
IPS LCD vs. pentile display. LCD takes that one (if it was the non-pentile on the Note 2 it would be different but we're talking about the S3).

Things that are better on S3-
Camera
Expandable storage built-in (as opposed to having to use USB flash external storage and StickMount on Nexus4).

LTE is a push, as the official carrier T-Mobile doesn't have it yet, and you can't use the phone on Verizon or Sprint. AT&T also has HSPA+ so your speed is still not shabby with them either.

Good and bad points for both. Again, it's about preference and I'm just tossing a few rebuttals to your views out here. To each their own. I like the fact that we all require/like something different and it's about individual preference. It's one of the things I absolutely love about Android. The plenitude of choices that we all have. In the end, you will never be wrong when you choose a phone, as you'll be able to select the best one for your own needs/wants. Nothing but love for all my fellow Android users. :)

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems just fine to me and for MY usage, my earpiece doesn't buzz (does yours?), I RARELY use my phone's camera (so far when I have it's plenty sufficient...if not great), Shattering back...meh, yeah you got me there...but it's called BE CAREFUL or protect your device with a cover (it does look gorgeous though doesn't it?), internal storage is MORE than sufficient for MY use.

All preference! Glad you like your SGIII, I love my N4!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Battery seems just fine to me and for MY usage, my earpiece doesn't buzz (does yours?), I RARELY use my phone's camera (so far when I have it's plenty sufficient...if not great), Shattering back...meh, yeah you got me there...but it's called BE CAREFUL or protect your device with a cover (it does look gorgeous though doesn't it?), internal storage is MORE than sufficient for MY use.

All preference! Glad you like your SGIII, I love my N4!

your right it is preference. I was asked what makes the N4 a POS in my opinion and those are it. In my opinion.

It is a beautiful device, with good GPU, CPU, RAM, and screen. It is a shame that the rest is lacking so much

Neofire

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I got slightly fed up with the lack of progress on my first order and cancelled.........Looked at the One X+ and SG3 (Quad) priced $699 and $599, and the prices just seem stupid to chuck up after having seen the nexus 4. Being Patient I order on the 27th. And should be I should have my device by tomorrow as google has just made the final charge to my account. Guess I am to busy with my Fiance, Work, bodybuilding, Halo 4,and watchin Anime for waiting on the Nexus 4 to be a problem to me this time. Gotta step away and be patient bro.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm waiting now, ordered yesterday, it's been a day already sick of waiting lol but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't really be fed up of waiting when it doesn't require me to do anything. I'll get it on January 2nd or something and that's cool, not like i'll get another phone to replace it with the price it's at.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't really be fed up of waiting when it doesn't require me to do anything. I'll get it on January 2nd or something and that's cool, not like i'll get another phone to replace it with the price it's at.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19