Who's active with a LG G6?

shadokat_ph

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Still on my wife's G6... usual issue... for what she needs in a camera, this ain't it. So she's on my old 6P until I figure out a way to unload it (probably a Pixel 2 this fall). Kind of a shame, I really like the phone, except when I need to take a picture in anything other than good lighting.

But I like to be active on boards that I've owned/used the phone... good or bad... I still feel more comfortable giving an opinion when its based on actual hands on experience.
What kind of camera are you expecting in a phone? It's a phone, not a DSLR. I take pictures in questionable light all the time and they turn out fantastic. Random pictures just surprise me at how good they are. I took pictures of one of my hamsters just walking around on my bed with the light of nothing but the TV. The colors were amazing. The clarity was on point. I love this camera. Maybe you guys got a defective one?

shadokat_ph

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, LG should make a flagship with that Stylo feature or add it to the V or G series. That would be cool, I would get it.
LG does make a Stylo phone, but I guess you know that. The phone I had before the G6 was the LG G Stylo. There's an upgraded model now. I LOVED my G Stylo! There were a few things the Stylo didn't have that prompted me to go to the G6. Mine was only available with 16GB internal, which is way too small. But I think the newer one does have 32GB. They don't have the same camera. If you want a phone with those note features and can't afford the Samsung, the LG is pretty respectable for the price (around $200 when I bought my phone but may be cheaper now). Even having a G6 I am still tempted to get the Stylo Plus (I think that's what the newer version is called). I love having that handy little slim stylus. A lot of people are really picky and would find something to hate about the Stylo models but I am not super picky. I can afford to buy one phone, I always have to buy it on a payment plan, and I keep it until I've paid it off. Even after months with the G6, which I love, I still think about that Stylo model.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What kind of camera are you expecting in a phone? It's a phone, not a DSLR. I take pictures in questionable light all the time and they turn out fantastic. Random pictures just surprise me at how good they are. I took pictures of one of my hamsters just walking around on my bed with the light of nothing but the TV. The colors were amazing. The clarity was on point. I love this camera. Maybe you guys got a defective one?
It isn't a DSLR, but I don't carry around a DSLR in my pocket everywhere I go. I want a phone that can take reasonably good pictures when I need it to... Outside during the day, taking pics of my kids inside, walking along the beach boardwalk at night, etc. The phone I have now (2 XL), I have no problems getting something good no matter what the conditions. The G6, and the V30 (which I also had for a bit) after that, failed miserably on those latter two scenarios.

The phones weren't defective, I wasn't using them wrong, or expecting too much. They just aren't as good as the best.

My 2XL and my wife a Pixel XL.. short of taking a wide angle shot, there isn't a picture either LG can take that bests either phone, and in most cases the difference in quality is laughable. My wife, furious, practically threw the G6 after it took a ton of smudgy, over-processed pics at a birthday party... And a week ago she remarked how much better her current phone is compared to the junk one she had back in the Spring (guess which one?).

But my use case is my use case. I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming that everyone else's experience matches my own. If you are happy with it, awesome.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
It isn't a DSLR, but I don't carry around a DSLR in my pocket everywhere I go. I want a phone that can take reasonably good pictures when I need it to... Outside during the day, taking pics of my kids inside, walking along the beach boardwalk at night, etc. The phone I have now (2 XL), I have no problems getting something good no matter what the conditions. The G6, and the V30 (which I also had for a bit) after that, failed miserably on those latter two scenarios.

The phones weren't defective, I wasn't using them wrong, or expecting too much. They just aren't as good as the best.

My 2XL and my wife a Pixel XL.. short of taking a wide angle shot, there isn't a picture either LG can take that bests either phone, and in most cases the difference in quality is laughable. My wife, furious, practically threw the G6 after it took a ton of smudgy, over-processed pics at a birthday party... And a week ago she remarked how much better her current phone is compared to the junk one she had back in the Spring (guess which one?).

But my use case is my use case. I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming that everyone else's experience matches my own. If you are happy with it, awesome.
I'd love to be able to trade in my G6 for a Pixel 2 buy can't because I owe too much. Can't sell it for what I owe on it. I may pay it off at tax time and trade it in. Or just wait until the Pixel 3. The only things I'd miss are the double tap to wake and the wide angle and manual camera settings.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to be able to trade in my G6 for a Pixel 2 buy can't because I owe too much. Can't sell it for what I owe on it. I may pay it off at tax time and trade it in. Or just wait until the Pixel 3. The only things I'd miss are the double tap to wake and the wide angle and manual camera settings.

And thin bezels. Unless you get the XL

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
One thing I hate about the camera comparisons, is that they only take pics of objects. I have a G5 which doesn't do very good when taking pics of a person. If there is any movement of a person, they are very blurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanostu7