Why can't I get my RCA tablet rct6077w2 charge or turn on?

A

AC Question

We have the RCA tablet rct6077w2.... it won't charge/turn on at all...

Screen will not light up at all. Took it to store, got brief charge there. At home, now, no indication of power.....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: We have the RCA tablet rct6077w2.... it won't charge/turn on at all...

If you long press the power button does anything happen? Sometimes it will boot into a recovery or display an Android with a red triangle/exclamation mark.

If it doesn't, then let is sit on the charger for a few hours (over night preferably) then try booting. No boot will indicate that there is likely a hardware problem, and the best bet is to return to the store or send to the manufacturer for repair.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

A brief charge on a totally dead battery only indicates one thing - that the person who did it has a dead battery between his ears.

Plug the charger in and keep it plugged in at least overnight - 24 hours would be better. Don't keep pushing buttons to see if it's charging, just leave it alone. Then see if it turns on. If it does, use it until the tablet tells you to charge it. Turn it off and charge it until it tells you that it's fully charged. Do 3 complete charge/use cycles like that.

From then on, try to charge it before it drops to less than 40% charge. Letting the battery fully discharge all the time is a sure way to kill it in a short time. See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries. (They have no axe to grind - they sell battery analysis equipment, not batteries. And they've analyzed enough of them to know what they're talking about.)

Nancy Carley

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I bought USB 1.5cm charger at Walmart for $8. I connected it to my laptop that was connected to power. I let it charge for 1 hr. I then held down the power and volume on tablet for 10-20 seconds. I kept doing this until it came on. I left it charging for 4-5 hrs.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
4-5 hours should give it a full charge. Now let it run down to about 20% before charging it, then give it a full (4-5 hours) charge again. After that, don't let it run down to less than 40% before charging it.

katherinewebb

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
You provided pretty good information on this subject RUKBAT. However, the beginning part about dead battery between their ears was unnecessary. Shows your maturity level. Not everybody is as smart or perfect as yourself. Thanks much

katherinewebb

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

You provided pretty good information on this subject RUKBAT. However, the beginning part about dead battery between their ears was unnecessary. Shows your maturity level. Not everybody is as smart or perfect as yourself. Thanks much