Why does my Galaxy S5 freeze intermittently - possible solution?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 freezes intermittently - possible solution

This isn't really a question, just something I discovered trying to fix my Galaxy S5 problem. I recently had intermittent freezing on the phone -- in apps (new and old), on the lock screen, on the launcher. After searching the Web, I did everything recommended--numerous soft resets, a couple of hard resets, consulted Samsung's technical chat room, took the phone to Samsung's local kiosk for a forced software update--nothing worked and the end result was that Samsung said it was a hardware problem and that I needed to send the phone in to Samsung for a look at the hardware. Before doing that, I looked at the system and saw that it did not show any storage information for the SD card. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I replaced the SD card and it fixed the problem--the phone is operating just fine. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation if somewhere along the line someone had thought to look at the SD card -- apparently a bad SD card can cause system instability on the S5.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 freezes intermittently - possible solution

Nice tip, it will be helpful for other people with the same issue. Thanks for sharing!