Why don't I have lock screen notifications since the latest update?

Brennie369

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
No lock screen notifications since latest update

Since the latest upgrade, I no longer see notifications on the lock screen. Instead it says Verizon Wireless in the upper left corner. Any ideas how to change this? I know who my dang carrier is and don't need it advertised on my phone.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: No lock screen notifications since latest update

Since the latest upgrade, I no longer see notifications on the lock screen. Instead it says Verizon Wireless in the upper left corner. Any ideas how to change this? I know who my dang carrier is and don't need it advertised on my phone.

You want to be able to see the notifications on the lock screen or get rid of the carrier logo on the phone?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Brennie369

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: No lock screen notifications since latest update

Correct, only it's not the carrier logo on the lock screen, just the typed name in the upper left corner. It wasn't there before the latest update.

For the notifications, I still get the sound/vibration notifications but not the visual on the lock screen. Before the update I had it set for just text, email and phone notifications to show on the lock screen. Now I have to swipe (fingerprint security) to get to the home screen to see what the sound notification was for.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Correct, only it's not the carrier logo on the lock screen, just the typed name in the upper left corner. It wasn't there before the latest update.

For the notifications, I still get the sound/vibration notifications but not the visual on the lock screen. Before the update I had it set for just text, email and phone notifications to show on the lock screen. Now I have to swipe (fingerprint security) to get to the home screen to see what the sound notification was for.

You can't get rid of the carrier logo for obvious reasons. To get the notifications back on the lock screen- Settings/Sounds & Notifications/Notifications While Locked.

From there you can choose to show all information while locked and from who, just show that you have notifications but not from who or show absolutely nothing at all.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlashudson