Why is my Android refusing to install apps?

Xita Mitra

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Android refuses to to install apps

My phone is new Xperia z3 compact. I started installing softwares through third party stores pretty fine, but then it suddenly stopped.

It currently installs apps from Google play, but if I download an app from a third party software or a website, when the package is parsing the "next" and "install" buttons won't click and my only option is to.click cancel.

I tried resetting the phone and the problem was resolved but then it came back again.

I deleted store and the third party app cache but it didn't help.

Restart doesn't help either.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android refuses to to install apps

Is your 'unknown sources' installation permission still checked in the Settings?

Xita Mitra

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Is your 'unknown sources' installation permission still checked in the Settings?

That's strange! I checked that multiple times and sure enough, it was checked. But now that you mentioned it, I thought why not check and uncheck it once (like how restarting windows is famous for solving everything!) and it started working again!! Is this a known issue that you have to check and uncheck that option every once in a while?

Thank you very much Spookdroid! :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Not a problem, glad I could help! :)

It's not an issue per se, but I've read about this from time to time. For some reason SOME phones decide to un-check the Unknown Sources installation on their own at random times. It's not widespread though, but if that happens again, you know why at least.