Why is my Note 4 keep restarting on its own?

A

AC Question

why is my note 4 keep restarting on its own

phone just shuts off and restarts over and over. the only thing that stops it is when I plug in the charger. this happens even when I have full charge.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my note 4 keep restarting on its own

You may need a new battery.

I was thinking the same thing. It happened to me a couple times last month. BTW, my Note 4 is a year and some months old. It happened with the OEM battery and not any of my Caseology replacement batteries.. So, I figured it was tied to the OEM battery getting close to worn out..

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

phone just shuts off and restarts over and over. the only thing that stops it is when I plug in the charger. this happens even when I have full charge.

Looks like a discharged battery. Looks like a new battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue and it started after the latest Sprint Update a couple weeks back. It happens with 3 different batteries, 2 of which are only 3 months old and the original battery. I think it is a bug in the newest update. In addition to just randomly shutting down and restarting, all 3 of the batteries will get to around 15% and I will get the low battery notice and then the phone shuts down within a minute or so and then won't reboot and when I plug the phone in it shows that it is at 0% battery. Hope this gets fixed soon.

met021345

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue. Took mine into sprint today, they said it was a known issue and offered to order me a new one without any hesitation.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

This happens to me and I have a new battery

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Do any of you have a Microsoft email acct? Has the phone gotten hot? Are your batteries discharging fast, even on standby.?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nicole Tucker86

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue and it started after the latest Sprint Update a couple weeks back. It happens with 3 different batteries, 2 of which are only 3 months old and the original battery. I think it is a bug in the newest update. In addition to just randomly shutting down and restarting, all 3 of the batteries will get to around 15% and I will get the low battery notice and then the phone shuts down within a minute or so and then won't reboot and when I plug the phone in it shows that it is at 0% battery. Hope this gets fixed soon.

frzamonkey

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

just adding another data point to this thread.

note 4, on the sprint network, unrooted, stock rom. after installing the 6.0.1 ota update, it started randomly rebooting (multiple times a day). after rebooting, I also get the SD card notification as if I just added a new SD card. tried deleting the cache partition, didn't help.

replaced the battery, and everything seemed to be cool, but it just did it again for the first time with the new battery in. I guess I'll do a factory reset next (which I really don't want to do.

Renee Hymel

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I put a new battery in this afternoon. I have been using an extended life battery which is larger and heavier which requires a special back. It has worked well, no issues whatsoever. When I put the new battery in the phone shut down and restarted and every time you try to click on anything it shuts down and restarts. I tried starting in safe mode, I tried cleaning the cache and it certainly isn't the battery. I did install 2 moto apps for moto 360 yesterday and can't even uninstall them to see if they are the problem. The phone is useless at this time.