why is my phone overheating and closing apps also not charging

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i dropped it in water but took it out quickly and dried it with a cloth 1 day after it starts overheating and its been 3 days now

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I saw the same thing with an iPhone (not mine, for someone else) a few years ago. The person reported that the phone was heating up and misbehaving, once the Apple Store looked at it they determined it had been exposed to water. At this point, the damage is done, recovering from this is going to require opening the phone and doing cleaning that only a properly-equipped shop could do, if it will even fix it but that gives the best hope.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Taking a phone out of water quickly and drying it with a cloth doesn't do a whole lot to protect it. The phone has almost certainly sustained water damage. Back up all of your data while you can, and look for a new phone.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796