Wifi calls dropping

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you have any problems with wifi calling. I have 2 g8's, and they are both unusable with wifi calling. It gives me a message that says wifi call dropped due to poor signal. I'm sitting in the same room with my $260 night hawk router. I fired up my galaxy s9, and it does fine with it. I also loose calls at work on it, which makes me believe it's a phone problem and not network.
At home I get a strong cell signal, but I rely on wifi calling at work. Anyone have any suggestions? Ohh, and I have AT&T.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phones into AT&T. If they don't know, ask where the Device Support Center is. (Unless you're in a small town, there will be one near by.) Ask them if they can figure it out, or have Engineering or network figure it out.

(Be prepared to wait. It's first come, first served, and once they start working on it, they may refer it to another department, then wait for a callback. So bring a good book, or your S9.)

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. I was really hoping I was just missing a setting. I went back to the s9 plus for now, and my wife doesn't rely on wifi calling, so she is good with it turned off.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I would use wifi calling secondary and choose celluar network as the preferred choice.

i've had several phone w/wifi calling on T-Mobile/MetroPCS and wifi calling was very erratic. Once I switched to Cellular preferred, I never had dropped calls or sound going on/off in the call.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
On the s9+, it says mobile network preferred, but it doesn't say that on the G8, and I don't see anywhere to Change it.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, router resets a work and home, and resetting the network settings on the phone has seemed to cure the problem for now. Hopefully it stays cured. Thanks for the idea's and help.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
All I get is Wi-Fi calling button, about wifi calling, and the emergency address option. It doesn't say anything about mobile network preferred.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So when you press and hold the wifi calling icon on the pull down shortcut, you don't see the options?

No. I have the On off toggle, about WiFi calling, which takes you to AT&T web site to explain it. Emergency address, and update emergency address. Thats all I have.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile so my Wi-Fi calling options may be different than yours, but if I click on the 3-dot menu indicated by the arrow, I can choose between cellular network or wi-fi preferred.

wifi_calling.jpg

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and when I pull down the shortcuts menu on the phone, then hold my finger on the wifi calling icon a new menu pops up to allow you to pick your preferences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick