wifi wont stay connected?

antisniperspy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
When ever I try to connect to my homes wifi it will connect for about 10 seconds or less then it will say under the WIFI On button "Disconnected". Im really new to android phones but it does not seem like i'm doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the help

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Re: wifi wont stay connected???

When ever I try to connect to my homes wifi it will connect for about 10 seconds or less then it will say under the WIFI On button "Disconnected". Im really new to android phones but it does not seem like i'm doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the help

Do you have some super-duper security set up on your WiFi ? I had issues on my wifes Tablet (Android 2.3.5) when connecting to something using WPA2 for encryption, though it may be unique to her tablet. I didn't try on my Bionic yet as its at her sisters house where it didn't work.

Brian

Reactions: antisniperspy

antisniperspy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Do you have some super-duper security set up on your WiFi ? I had issues on my wifes Tablet (Android 2.3.5) when connecting to something using WPA2 for encryption, though it may be unique to her tablet. I didn't try on my Bionic yet as its at her sisters house where it didn't work.

Brian

WPA/WPA2 PSK

Everytime I try to enable it... it will go back and forth between authenticating and then drop back to disconnected. :(

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

One way to tell is to take the security off for a few minutes, see if it connects then. If it doesn't your router or the phone is the problem.

Reactions: antisniperspy

antisniperspy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

OMG so I was using the password to the router and not the password to connect to the wireless. If you guys could give me bad rep you should..

Anyway thanks for your help

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

My dh is a network admin so our router is under major security.

He had to enter the MAC address from the phone into our router software to give it access to our network.

You can find the MAC address under WiFi settings then hit the bottom left permanent key for the menu and choose Advanced.

Can't tell you where and what he did in the router software...that's all him!

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I show great wifi strength, but I cannot access the internet. Is anyone else having this particular problem? I really hope to find an answer as I don't get any data connectivity at my house. (Yes, I live in the sticks.)

Last edited:

Mikeyw88

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

WPA/WPA2 PSK

Everytime I try to enable it... it will go back and forth between authenticating and then drop back to disconnected. :(
I had a buddy with the same problem, double check your security key. If you put it in wrong it will do this. That is what his did.

Oops, you figured it out already.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I had a thread on this kind of issue yesterday. I had 2 things I had to fix. The Bionic is very sensitive it seems. I had a channel collision that apparently my other devices didn't care about (yet it REALLY slowed the network down obviously) and I found that I can only use WPA, NOT WPA2, with the Bionic. After I changed those 2 things the Bionic's been rock solid (and strangely the network was faster. LOL). So if you're trying to use the Bionic on wifi, I'd at least give WPA a shot and see what happens.

Reactions: Lisa W

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I had a thread on this kind of issue yesterday. I had 2 things I had to fix. The Bionic is very sensitive it seems. I had a channel collision that apparently my other devices didn't care about (yet it REALLY slowed the network down obviously) and I found that I can only use WPA, NOT WPA2, with the Bionic. After I changed those 2 things the Bionic's been rock solid (and strangely the network was faster. LOL). So if you're trying to use the Bionic on wifi, I'd at least give WPA a shot and see what happens.

Thank you so much. I went and read your other thread. Then went to Netgear support and read up on channel collisions, reset the channel and now I am connected. :)

Reactions: cheezew

cheezew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It is absolutely the WPA2 that is not working. When I switched to WPA it connected immediately.. Verizon was clueless on this issue... This works....

AZ1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I show great wifi strength, but I cannot access the internet. Is anyone else having this particular problem? I really hope to find an answer as I don't get any data connectivity at my house. (Yes, I live in the sticks.)[/QUOTE

First you should see if your other devices (like a computer) are able to access the internet.

Joanne Passmore

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the same problem i run on android 4.2 jellybean, my wifi won't connect so i have to go to the android download manager and disable it, my wifi will connect straight away but google play and other apps wont work, so i have too go back and enable android download manager and everything works fine, once the tablet is turned off i have to go therw it all again, i've been searching for a permanent fix for this but cant find anything at all.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Tablet? This thread is for the bionic which is an older device that never went above 4.1.2. Whatever issue you're having isn't what this thread is about.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4