Will We See Gingerbread?

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so Froyo is out.... Hooray!?!? A lot of us here have already been running it for a while; So I ask this question. Will we ever see Gingerbread for our lowly Fascinates?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

anon(254231)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
On a serious note I don't see why not.

On a not so serious note 2.2 isn't even officially out until tomorrow so please put your phone down and lie face down on the ground and a party associate will be with you shortly... :cool:

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
probably in the same order we got froyo.. the origional galaxy s got it first and it'll probably go down the line the same way x.x so in another year maybe..

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

On a not so serious note 2.2 isn't even officially out until tomorrow so please put your phone down and lie face down on the ground and a party associate will be with you shortly... :cool:

On a serious note have you not been paying attention? ;-)

This is the update we were promised "soon" last fall and 8 months later (6 months after "soon" could reasonably be considered to be accurate) we finally get Froyo... and guess what Gingerbread is already put and Icecream will be here in another 2-3 months.

Add to that Samsung's historic track record for (not) updating phones (the European Galaxy S notwithstanding) and I would say there is not a chance in h*** in getting Gingerbread on this phone :'(

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On a serious note have you not been paying attention? ;-)

This is the update we were promised "soon" last fall and 8 months later (6 months after "soon" could reasonably be considered to be accurate) we finally get Froyo... and guess what Gingerbread is already put and Icecream will be here in another 2-3 months.

Add to that Samsung's historic track record for (not) updating phones (the European Galaxy S notwithstanding) and I would say there is not a chance in h*** in getting Froyo on this phone :'(

Do you mean not a chance in getting Gingerbread on this phone? Because people have already downloaded the OTA Froyo update.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

I agree. Should be OTA in, let's see, maybe 2014? :( I just love VZW...not.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
ill be happy with froyo for the year or so im left with this phone. 2.3 is much more incremental then the jump from 2.1 to 2.2

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't mean to spark controversy or create am "unneeded thread". Just thought it would be interesting to see what folks thought our chances were of seeing Gingerbread. Sorry for the trouble.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think we'll see GB for our phones.... We have the awesome developers that will make us a far superior version than what VZW can pass along OTA or otherwise. I say it is just a matter of time now...

Naris

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon actually cares to update the phone I vaguely recall someone saying Samsung was trying to get updates out to all phones faster now.

With that said, I'm betting on autumn of 2012 for GB on Fascinate (if ever).

EDIT: I meant for OFFICIAL OTA release. Considering the fact that JT apparently now has a CM7 build and everyone's hyped up on Froyo... the independent devs may release it much faster.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with 2.2. I can live without Gingerbread for awhile... or until next week, whichever comes first.

But most importantly, I'm glad I can connect to my Mac again. :)

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhh don't worry about it. We kid you here more than anything. Post a thread like this over at XDA & you take your life in your own hands. You didn't cause any trouble lol.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with 2.2. I can live without Gingerbread for awhile... or until next week, whichever comes first.

But most importantly, I'm glad I can connect to my Mac again. :)

Outstanding!!!! I did not realize that. Is that because of something in the official 2.2 OTA? Good to know there is hope for MAC users.