WiMax deployment

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
semichigan070211.jpg

This region has more than most unannounced areas, but it is woefully underserved!

Yeah well I am right between those two blobs of spotty service(the shores)......... And when I do get down to the D or up towards the sterling hghts area it isn't strong enough to bother using, IMHO........thanks for keeping all of us up to date though!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NMherron

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah well I am right between those two blobs of spotty service(the shores)......... And when I do get down to the D or up towards the sterling hghts area it isn't strong enough to bother using, IMHO........thanks for keeping all of us up to date though!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
What amazes me is that I live in Bentonville Arkansas, and Rogers/Springdale is getting love, but the home of the worlds largest retailer gets none

Sucks sucks sucks sucks

russeltraut

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
that is really interesting. i wonder what happens when you are getting the signals of the same service from two or even more than two directions. any clues ? :)

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
that is really interesting. i wonder what happens when you are getting the signals of the same service from two or even more than two directions. any clues ? :)

Your device should be programmed to use the strongest signal it receives. Also WiMax is supposed to transition seamlessly from tower to tower.

However, I have read in some message boards where people have complained about getting disconnected when transitioning from tower to tower. Or getting stuck on a farther away tower and not being able to automatically connect to the closer stronger tower.

Turning on Airplane Mode for a few seconds and then reconnecting to 4G supposedly takes care of the latter problem though.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just like to point out:

I love how I get these newsletters in the mail from sprint and they state: "4g now available in (enter my location)". Yet it's not nor has been, lol. Are they suggesting 4g is here because of the devices that can't use it, lol.

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint/Clear have turned on 4G/WiMax service to the following cities in the past two weeks:

CALIFORNIA: Avenal
ILLINOIS: Carterville
INDIANA: Shelbyville
NEBRASKA: Norfolk
WEST VIRGINIA: Martinsburg

This is the smallest two week update this year. Hopefully it is because of the holiday just slowing things down a little. Don't want to see things stop!!!

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint/Clear have turned on 4G/WiMax service to the following cities in the past three weeks:

• ALABAMA: Anniston (an additional tower east of the city)
  • GEORGIA: Flowery Branch
  • ILLINOIS: Kankakee, Ottawa
  • IOWA: Ames
  • MAINE: Caribou
  • MARYLAND: Cumberland
  • MINNESOTA: Wadena
  • NORTH CAROLINA: Asheville (an additional tower near Candler)
  • OHIO: Marion
  • OREGON: LaGrande
  • PENNSYLVANIA: Lock Haven
  • TENNESSEE: Crossville, New Tazewell
  • TEXAS: Lamesa
  • VERMONT: St. Johnsbury
  • VIRGINIA: Martinsville (An additional tower near Axton)

These are all Protection Sites. Indoor service is poor to non-existent at most protection sites, but will work well outside or in your car. You are now free to use your 4G devices in these areas. Have fun and happy surfin'! You can find out more about Sprint 4G Service areas as they come online, subscribe to the Sprint 4G Rollout Updates page on Facebook at: Sprint 4G Rollout Updates | Facebook

lds710

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sprint/Clear have turned on 4G/WiMax service to the following cities in the past three weeks:

These are all Protection Sites. Indoor service is poor to non-existent at most protection sites, but will work well outside or in your car. You are now free to use your 4G devices in these areas. Have fun and happy surfin'! You can find out more about Sprint 4G Service areas as they come online, subscribe to the Sprint 4G Rollout Updates page on Facebook at: Sprint 4G Rollout Updates | Facebook

Yeah!

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

Does Sprint plan on opening any non-protection sites anymore at all?

any idea?

I'm really regretting not going with Verizon before they went tiered

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Does Sprint plan on opening any non-protection sites anymore at all?

any idea?

I'm really regretting not going with Verizon before they went tiered

Sprint will not deploy anything but protection sites between now and October. However, we are all waiting on pins and needles for the big Sprint 4G announcement.

Supposedly on 10/7 a full 4G deployment strategy is to be outlined. They should explain how we will transition to LTE, how much Clearwire will be involved, possible other partners, as well as whens and wheres.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards