[Closed] Win an NVIDIA Shield in our Father's Day Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjirutaru

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Because I built my gaming rig with Shield in mind, but ran out of money before I could get a Shield. Been wanting one since I saw TotalBiscuit demo one at a release party.

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Because KIDS. They get all my love, lots of my time, and MOST of my money! Happily, I might add. I have an XBox 360 and the single game I buy for myself each year is the latest Call of Duty. I have some buddies that all play together ONE night a week for just a couple of hours...and sadly even this tradition will come to an end thanks to people moving on to the XBox One without me. My daughter is 5, son is 8. He is a budding gamer, I just know it.. Loves playing Minecraft on his Nook (technically an Android tablet!), has a few games on the old XBox.... But this ... this would be for ME. And the mobility is the best thing because I wouldn't have to tie up the TV during Disney Channel time, etc. God forbid...but I digress. Also, I'm sure my son will end up playing on this some too, one day. So you see, its not ALL about me (well, mostly)...you would also help indoctrinate a future gen of Android gamer.....

Thanks!
Dustin

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As a nVidia shareholder since they went public and past buyer of TNT, TNT2, GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3 Ti 200, GeForce 4, GeForce 5700, GeForce 6600, GeForce 7800 and 7900 (SLI), GeForce 8800 GTS and GT (SLI), GTX 460 (SLI), GTX 670, and GTX 770 video cards, it's about time they gave me something back!

Whenever I want to make myself cry, I tally up what I've spend in video cards over the ages, especially when I realize that pretty much anything older than a couple of years is only good if you have an open window nearby and some loose papers on the desk.

JoeyStyles

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I would like to win this for my dad he is 49 years old and is a hard core gamer and a tech geek. He would love to have this and I would love to be the one to win it for him so pick me please

coraphise

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I should win because... I'm a dad with a dad who needs to catch up on gaming. And if he won't catch up, maybe I can get him Pac-Man or something retro that he'll enjoy still!

Or if I'm lucky and my evil plan works he'll regift it to me! Mwuhahahahahahahaa!

JCTWeb

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I grew up with video games. We had an Atari 2600 as kids and I have owned just about every major console since then (except for a few that were popular while I was in the military).

Most of my gaming in the last few years has been limited as a result of all the work that goes into being Dad! (career, taking kids to practice, traveling,etc). I think this awesome handheld is just the right thing to get me back into the swing of things.

Maybe, with a little practice, I can get my skills high enough to be competitive against my 16 yr old son in a few games! (He isn't impressed with my Starcraft abilities, unfortunately)

HardlyClerkin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Why should I win? Because me and my 7 year old would have a blast playing this together! He is really getting good at gaming and we just laugh and laugh playing different games together.

OneFast3

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I win I would have to get a Nvidia card and I have been a ATI/AMD fan for so long now. What is this Portal everyone talks about? I could also find out if I would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.