With no LED, any way to have persistent notifications?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The 3-minute minimum internal is just not short enough. I really need to be notified "persistently," as in every second. Even the 2-second default in LED Me Know wasn't good enough for me. I had to change it to 1 sec.

What's your use case?

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
I use "aodnotify pro"and the edge lighting. I can customize the light that is displayed around my camera lens to show a color that does not go away for 15min and the color indicates what I have received - for example, flashing blue means I received a new email. The aodnotify app gives this notification around the camera opening. Edge Lighting is the initial notification and color of whatever I received but it only stays lit a short while, but "aodnotify pro" lasts long.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use "aodnotify pro"and the edge lighting. I can customize the light that is displayed around my camera lens to show a color that does not go away for 15min and the color indicates what I have received - for example, flashing blue means I received a new email. The aodnotify app gives this notification around the camera opening. Edge Lighting is the initial notification and color of whatever I received but it only stays lit a short while, but "aodnotify pro" lasts long.

I use AOD notify ţoo I like it!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I've never heard of that app before! I love AOD but having that as an additional help would be great, too! Thanks for the recommendation!

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Does that app have another name as I can't find "aodnotify pro" in the play store...

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
look up aod notify. I think I may have paid for the premium version (which is the "pro" name) to unlock all the features).

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site

I've been using AODnotify the same way as well, coming from an S7E. But I started using the screen edge option along with Edge Lighting and it will really get your attention. Between the AOD clock and the edges pulsing, it's even better that the old S7 LED. I set it to turn off after 15 minutes, but it can be set between a few seconds to up to 12 hours. Many options available to customize it just right.

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Is the Aodnotify app made by Jawomo and actually called Notification Light/LED Note 20, S20 - aodNotify in the Playstore?

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
yes - sorry for the wrong name. That is the name that comes up in my apps on my phone but on the Play Store, you are referencing the correct name.