Yahoo Mail Setup - (Yes, I read the F.A.Q.)

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So, I am trying to set the Yahoo! account on the mail app. I am following all the steps in the F.A.Q. but it keeps saying that the user name/password is/are wrong :confused: (They aren't, I check spelling).

I am doing the user name as stated in the FAQ: user_nameATyahoo.com

I noticed in the FAQ a few individuals ran into the same problem, but I didn't see a solution posted. Any clues? Thanks!

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There is no solution. The faq is a non support method, yahoo does not allow for free message retrival through pop/imap. Unless you wanna shell out the cash for a yahoo plus account that is. Other platforms do it like blackberry but unfortunatly android does not. I personally set up gmail forwarding from yahoo as a compromise because it was driving me nuts to. I was getting the same error and stuff wasn't deleting.. overall it was just to much hassle to want to deal with for me.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Try turning off wifi. Yahoo mail (for free) is available on the droid if you follow the steps in the FAQ. I've read that some people have issues but I doubt that it's the phones fault. The most important thing to remember is that you have to have wifi off, even if you get it setup you will not be able to get new mail with wifi turned on.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It was off. It worked fine on my previous Droid (which I had to exchange because it would not update amongst other reasons). Not sure why it doesn't work on the new one. I have tried the steps as posted on the FAQ and no luck. I could try again later. Right now as a workaround I just placed a shortcut on the homepage to the mail's front-end page.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Er... I just tried this today and it worked like a charm. I followed all the steps same as before and it's all set! Not sure what the earlier issue was all about.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan